Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Valued Blogger

I was awarded with the brand new Valued Blogger award by an amazing woman and blogger, Katie, at From IF to When: My Journey from Infertility to Motherhood. I was so happy to have "met" her on the TTC boards last year. She's always offered me strength and support in this journey, even when going through her own struggles. Even though we've never "met" officially, it's so comforting to know that she's always there. Reading her blog and knowing how it helped her deal with IF is one of the reasons why I started blogging myself. I'm so glad I did!

This award is not like all of the other blog awards because we all want to not only know about you, but your opinion of your fellow bloggers. The rules are:
1. Tell your readers how your journey into blogging began. Be as verbose or shy as you like.
2. Pick 3-5 fellow bloggers whom you adore and write what exactly it is you value about that person or their blog. The more you write about them the better. This is a chance to really appreciate your blog friends who have been there with and for you through thick and thin.
3. Let the blessed winners know they have been awarded.
I've selected bloggers who haven't already been awarded this award.. :)
My award goes to:
1. Noelle, at The Desire of my Heart. One of the reasons why I enjoy reading Noelle's blog is for her pure honesty. She writes from her heart about what she's feeling and sometimes, those thoughts aren't pretty. Guess what though? That's ok. Reading her posts makes me feel a little less alone in dealing with RPL. On some days, those thoughts have helped get me through. She's always able to offer supportive words for others even when she's dealing with so much on her own. Thank you, Noelle.
2. Elizabeth, at Where the Wright Day Takes You. Elizabeth's blog is one that is often raw and full of emotion. She's shown such strength in dealing with IF, even though she may not feel that way about herself. Through her words shines a tender, caring woman. She also offers other thoughts in her posts, which I love reading also. Thanks, Elizabeth.
3. Katie, at My Crazy, Fabulous Life. This one's going to be tough to write. I "met" Katie last year on the TTC boards. In many ways, I feel like we're a lot alike and that we've known each other forever. We're both social studies teachers, we both love football (sorry that her team is horrible this year!) and I've always felt if we lived closer, she'd be the kind of woman that I could call at the last minute, head to Target, and have a great time.
If I'm being honest though, I'm a little more distant and disconnected from Katie's blog than I'd like to be. It's a super blog about her pregnancy mainly, and is the kind of blog that reads like I imagine Katie would talk. While I'm so incredibly happy for her though, it's painful to read. Shortly after my 2nd BFP, Katie found out she was pregnant too. I remember it was right around Mother's Day. She said how it was the best Mother's Day ever. I replied that no, next year would be. Her baby girl is on the way soon and her and S will be amazing parents but reading her posts is bittersweet because it reminds me so much of all I've lost. I'm sorry for that. I hope she knows how much I care about her even though it may not seem like it sometimes.
So if you get the chance, check out these blogs written by these amazing women. Each of them have helped me tremendously, whether they realize it or not.

2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you! You are so sweet and made me feel so good. I will post my awards this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly! (your description of me and my blog made me cry!) I ****DO***** understand how hard it must be for you and I hate that more than you can ever imagine. I love being your friend and the last thing I ever would want to do is make things any more difficult for you.

    I ADORE YOU!! :-)

    ReplyDelete