Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Not So Bad After All!

DH sucessfully stabbed me and all went well. :) That's the short version.

I'm taking the Lovenox today, tomorrow and the four days after that for a total of six days (once per day) Mr SC numbed my stomach so much with ice that I barely felt it. I didn't look. I was laying down on the bed with a pillow over my face. The whole time I was holding my bracelet with the "hope" charm and just kept telling myself it will be ok. It was. It hurts now, but it's no big deal.

My surgery is at 7:30am tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but I'm ok. I realized yesterday that because the only two surgeries of my life were my D&Es, that's all that I'm associating this with. It helps though that it's in a different hospital. I know it will be ok and I know this is something I have to do.

Mr SC is so pleased with himself that he could do this. He held me before and then had the presence of mind to do it like it was nothing. Him taking care of it for me really took the stress off me. He's in the kitchen making chicken noodle soup from scratch (noodles and all!) for tomorrow. :)

So that's that. Thank you for all of your words of encouragement and your support. I know this is just the next step that I need to take to get where we want to be.

15 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you. I'm glad the shot went well and Mr SC was able to do it for you, and props for homemade chicken noodle soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Glad you survived the needle and DH is taking such good care of you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Homemade chicken noodle soup from scratch?? Awesome!

    Good luck tmr, not that you'll need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Kelly! You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck tomorrow, glad the Lovonox wasn't to bad... the most pain I was in was from the dumb gas they give you. Its usually fine when I was down, but when I sat up, it would 'rise' and my upper back/shoulders would ache. Like you just did 5000 push ups. Have your husband rub it, and a heating pad works well too! I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck tomorrow! I hope it all goes well and you are not in too much pain. I'm glad your bracelet helped!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy that your shot went well. Your hubby sounds so sweet, and it is evident how much he loves you.

    I pray that tomorrow will be a success for you and that you come out of it feeling optimistic about the new year.

    I am looking forward to hearing the details! I will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. go the shots tough gal! well done you.... and all the best for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for Mr. SC being great and doing that for you!! :-) I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!! ((hugs))

    Oh and btw... noodles from scratch?? I wouldn't even BEGIN to know how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good things all around. You got a good one! :) Injections and chicken noodle soup? What could be better?

    Wishing you all the best for 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be thinking about you today. I'm glad Mr SC is there for you! Hope all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been thinking of you all morning! I hope everything went well and Mr. SC sounds like he has nurse duty well under control. What a sweet guy! :)

    (((hugs))) Looking forward to an update.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're in my thoughts today! You are such a strong woman and this step you take will make you that much stronger. 2010 is the year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey scopy sister! I hope everything went well today. Glad to hear Mr. SC is on the ball and providing you with top-notch care!! :)

    I can't wait to hear how everything went. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thinking about you today and sending you lots of love and quick healing vibes!

    So glad the Mr. is a pro at shot-giving! Hopefully his talents will not need to ever be used again :)

    ReplyDelete