Today was my hysterscopy. I was surprisingly ok with it. First, I was just glad AF cooperated and I could have it today. Second, I didn't let myself think about my only two other surgeries in my life (my D&Es this year). That helped quite a bit. I only got a little upset when they put in the IV...and then I was fine.
I'm home and am not taking the prescription narcotics that were prescribed. I just don't need them. I'm taking Al.eve and I'm feeling ok. Not good, but ok.
How did things go? Well, my RE scheduled today to remove either what she thought was a polyp or a fibroid that she was on the u/s. The hysterscopy is diagnostic though too, so when she went in, she saw something else.
Turns out, I didn't have a fibroid or a polyp. What I did have was a "ton" of scar tissue. I guess she showed Mr SC before and after pics too. She seemed very pleased with what she did and explained to Mr SC that there was "no way anything could properly implant" with scar tissue like that. My head now is swimming, of course. I figure that it stemmed from my 1st D&E in May for several reasons. I had thought though, at least from this most recent loss, that it implanted on the "other side" of my uterus. I remember when the tech saw my scar tissue (what she thought was a fibroid) that she said oh, it's not close to the bean, so it's fine. I know the scar tissue impacts blood flow, but, well...who knows. I'll ask those questions at my follow-up. She also told Mr SC that next cycle we'd be all set to go, that we would talk about my b/w at the follow-up and that she wants me on Love.nox injections for the entire next pregnancy.
Mr SC was worried. It was supposed to be around 45 minutes and turned into an hour and a half. I felt so bad for him.
Well, that's that. Thanks for all the well wishes and support. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. And, speaking of injections, it's time for round #2.
Yay, Kelly!!! I'm so happy you're feeling well and that everything went great. I'll drink to your speedy recovery tonight! :)
ReplyDelete((hugs!))
Yay that's great Kelly! I'm glad it went well and you are doing ok. Hope you are 100% soon!
ReplyDeleteWell, that sounds really promising for future cycles. A healthy scar-free uterus is a happy uterus. Glad things went well!
ReplyDeleteGlad that's over with! Isn't it so freeing to have answers?
ReplyDeleteSo happy you have answers and can now move forward :) Sending you hugs as you rest and heal up.
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful, Kelly! I'm so glad that it was a success! I hope that your new scar-free uterus brings you lots of luck in 2010!
ReplyDeleteSo glad they found and fixed what they believe to be the problem. That's awesome and reassuring. Believe that next cycle will be a breeze!
ReplyDeleteYay!! So glad it went well and that is sounds like she found some ANSWERS!!! That's great!
ReplyDeleteHope you just get to feeling even better tomorrow, too! :-)
Oh wow! I'm so glad it went SO well :) Kelly, you are such trooper!!!
ReplyDeleteThe fact that the RE found that scar tissue is a really good thing. That may have been the key since your first D&E. I truly hope that the removal of that scar tissue along with the Lovenox is your key to a happy, healthy and successful sticky bean!
I'm so glad everything went well and your uterus is now beautifully "landscaped." Hehe. :) I hope the pain continues to stay away so you and Jason can enjoy a nice, quiet NYE together.
ReplyDeleteGlad that everything went well, and I like how Katie describes it: the ute is now 'landscaped.' I hope this is just what you need to bring your dreams to life. Hope you have a nice New Years!
ReplyDeletethats good Kelly, I am happy for you..mate.
ReplyDeleteI am sure that this is going to do it for you! Your uterus is now perfect and can soon house your little baby. It is coming soon Kelly. I just know it.
ReplyDelete