I had vowed to deviate from the TTC posts but I have a little to say, so...this post will be Part One and Part Two
P1... (TTC)
I'm doing fairly well. I haven't cried in three days (yes, I'm really counting) and it's super tough, but I'm doing better. I'm forcing myself when I have to but that's ok. I just wish this journey wouldn't be as it is, as if any of us really think it's a "journey". This whole TTC thing (whether it's losses, failed IUIs or IVF, etc) just plain old sucks. The word "journey", to me, is about getting to that end point but knowing that there is an end point. What if I don't ever get my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? (Ok, I know...cheesy analogy. That's fine. I'll live with that.)
P2...non TTC
Things that make me happy:
1. Christmas lights. I LOVE them. I love to randomly take drives (gas prices, be damned!) and ooh and ah over them. On Sunday night, we drove almost two hours to see a famous street with Christmas lights. All of the homes on the street (with a live manger scene at the end) have been participating for 54 years! It was fun.
2. Coffee. Not that I'm one of those people in the morning who is pretty much set on "vibrate" but it's sooo good. I need cream and sugar, of course. I have two cups in the AM and that's it but ooooh yum!
3. Bad, horrible, guilty pleasures TV. I don't read guilty pleasure books but I definitely watch them on TV. Here's my confession to shows that I will watch (not all the time or religiously or anything...) Some of them are even more embarassing considering that I'm 35 years old!
-The Hil.ls
-Rock of Lo.ve
-Youn.g and the Rest.less
-Gene.ral Hosp.ital
-America.n Idol
-Parent.al Control
4. When Mr SC makes my lunch or cleans the house.
5. As a teacher, the possibility of a two hour delay!
What's on your list?
I love christmas lights too. Last night I realized my next door neighbors had put up lights on their back deck that I could see from my bedroom window. that was neat.
ReplyDelete:) I watch all the Real Housewives series. They make me feel so normal.
ReplyDeleteI watch most of those shows too! I highly recommend Jersey Shore! I watched it the other night and it was hysterical! When Tool Academy comes back that's a funny one too!
ReplyDeleteI'm almost disappointed that Brett's relationship has worked out! I would love to have another Rock of Love show. Oh and I used to watch General Hospital for years and years.
ReplyDeleteAs for P1- I know how you feel about the journey. Even though I haven't had the loss that you have I feel like I've been on this journey for so long I don't know if it will ever end! I really hope it will for us SOON
I also love Christmas lights and every year I wish that MY house was one of the fabulously decorated ones. Then I think about the effort that must go into that. No, thanks. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love some of your "bad" tv shows, too. I watched Y&R religiously from the time I was about 10 up until just a few years ago...then I finally gave it up, just for the sake of saving time, NOT because I stopped enjoying it or anything. :-)
The "Real Housewives" group! I love them all (well, maybe not so much ATL ladies, but everyone else! Also getting random 'lovin' from our three dogs, they are usually so spastic, that when they stop long enough to just love on you, it's great! Oh, and Pepermint Mocha from Starbucks! A MUST this time of the year!
ReplyDeleteOh yum, Jenn! I LOVE Peppermint Mocha!
ReplyDeleteI love Christmas lights too! Me and my hubby drive around this time of year also and drink coffee and he makes a mixed Xmas CD to listen too. I also love the Real House.wives, Keep.ing up with the Karda.sians, the Hi.lls and other trashy tv shows too. ;)
ReplyDeleteP1....couldn't agree more. Even if you tell me that I would have a child in 5 years, that would help!
ReplyDeleteP2....Christmas trees and songs...so cheesy but so good. Wine. Adventures - rafting, skiing, etc. Hugs from DH. As for TV - Gossip Girl, Top Chef, 30 Rock and Modern Family. Travel...aah..thanks for making me think about the good things.
I love the sound of the ringing of Christmas bells, the smell of a Christmas tree, the sounds of a choir singing "Away in A Manger, the glisten of ornaments on my tree and the ting, ting, ting of the Salvation Army Bell Ringers....and A Tall Peppermint Mocha with yummy Whipped Cream! And, A partridge in a pear tree!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteNow on to guilty pleasures...I love watching Desparate Housewives, General Hospital and Brothers and Sisters...and reading People Magazine and perusing all my fashion mag's :)
Hope your time off does you well...I am stepping away from the madness too. On a brighter note, stay faithful and hold onto HOPE.
I found your blog via projectbaby. I am so sorry for your loses. I admire you for trying to work past the hurt and pain and being more positive. You are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI love Christmas lights, too! Joey and I are going to take a drive around this weekend to check out some of the neighborhoods around us that go crazy with their lights. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd bad TV is the best. The Real Housewives series is great, and I'm a sucker for Gossip Girl and 90210.