I'm so frustrated right now! I was all excited to blog about books and nothing to do wtih TTC or my lady parts. Oh well.
So yesterday I started having pain on my left side in my stomach. On the inside. It almost felt like a pulled muscle. It got worse. Today then I started spotting a half decent amount. I was concerned but didn't want to be a hypochondriac. So, finally I thought I'd call and talk to my RE. My follow-up from my hysteroscopy (where she removed the scar tissue) wasn't until next Tuesday and I figured I'd be told I was just fine and see you then.
Nope. They said the doctor wants to see you at noon. Can you make it? I'm a teacher. It was in two hours. I thought oh shit. So, I ran around to try to get things done, trying not to lose it. Thankfully it was my prep period. I must've looked bad. My principal asked if I needed him to drive me. (He just knew I was having issues with surgery and my doctor wanted to see me)
Anyway, long story short my doc thinks I may have an infection. I have two antibiotics to pick up. She also has scheduled an in office hysteroscopy for next Tuesday afternoon to just "check things out". She talked about it could be from me just healing, it could be there's a bit of scar tissue left that she could clean up, etc. etc. She was very kind about everything and she reassured me that I did the right thing by calling.
Here's the funny part. Well, at least I think it's funny. So, SC and I have been going a little crazy because of the inability to engage in marital activities. But, whatever. So my procedure at first was scheduled for next Friday, which would have been 2 1/2 weeks of no activity. She's going over things for the procedure and says no intercourse before blah, blah. I pretty much interrupted her with a bewildered look on my face and said, no sex? SC swears her reply was directly TO ME since she was talking to me. I disagree and say she was just looking at me because I was the one who posed the question. Anyway, she says, (while laughing) "There are other things you can do." We all start cracking up and then SC says hey, you two are all red. So was he. Figures. Typical male!
I'm hoping that she looks around and that everything looks fine. I'm also hoping that the medicine takes care of everything. I'd like to get back on board for next month. I tried to stall all of my "what if" questions and my follow-up is on 1/21.
My next post will be non-TTC. I PROMISE! :)
That is so funny, Kelly! She's right though--there are "other things" you BOTH can do. Hahahaha!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope everything checks out ok and you can start TTC again next month. Millions of (((hugs))). I know this was stressful for you.
Well, having to even worry about this and go back to the doctor and all SUCKS (and I'm so sorry!), but at least you found a glimmer of laughter in it all! It *is* a funny story.....
ReplyDelete:-)
Hahahaha, I love that. There ARE other things you can both do... though I'm sure you wish you could do the activity you were hoping for.
ReplyDeleteHopefully this infection clears up soon. (((hugs)))
What a funny story!! Good thing you listened to your instincts and called your doc. Sounds like they're on top of things...good luck!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you have to go through this, but glad you can see the humor. The other things aren't such a bad idea :)
ReplyDeleteUgh! So sorry that you have to go through this crap all over again.
ReplyDeleteI hope all the follow-ups go well!!
ReplyDeleteAnd, yes, there are other things... :) We were on a forced break, too, and we've...ahem... done other things...
Lol, funny about the sex comments! I'm sorry you have an infection and I hope the medicine clears it up fast. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI can relate to having to go back following the procedure. Following my D&C I had to go back numerous times. That was followed by a mammogram and a colonoscopy. I was exhausted and riddled with worry...and ALL was fine :)
ReplyDeleteWhen your mind wants to take you to the path of "what if's", take a BIG DETOUR and trust that all is going to be well :)
Hugs and sorry you are having to deal with this.
Bwahahahaha! I almost shot iced tea through my nose... I'm so glad that you can find some humour in the midst of a challenging time.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about the infection and for the need for 'another look'.
I just found your blog through my friend Courtney's, and was reading through it. I think your positiveness is so inspiring. I can't imagine how difficult what you've been through is. Wishing you a fast recovery.
ReplyDeleteKelly
Kelly, cool name! :) Thank you for your kind words.
ReplyDeleteI;m sorry to hear about the infection! I hope that you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteMy husband would have loved the advice of your RE! :)