Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts about what to tell my students. I thought I had the solution but then Michelle brought up about a blood disorder and if they think it's HIV/AIDS. I don't want those rumors.
I thought I would go in for a half day. I decided that wasn't a good idea. I went in and made my desk ready, got assignments prepared, etc. Now I'm at home though. There's a whole difference between putzing around at my house vs. in school with kids. I'm bored off my rocker, but that's ok. More time to comment on blogs. Hmm...perhaps I'll change my background again! I just keep thinking that I've already missed 14 days this year, etc etc and my sick days are being depleted and I'm thinking, what happens when I have a baby? Well, guess what? I can only deal with the now. Now I've had three surgeries since October and it's OK that I've missed so many days.
I have the balloon in until next Thursday. It's not painful and neither is the tail. It's just awkward. I don't really even know it's there.
Wow, I didn't even think of HIV/AIDS, but that's a good point from Michelle.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you stayed home. You need to go back when you are ready and at 100%. Even though you aren't in pain, that doesn't mean that you aren't still recovering mentally.
Enjoy your long weekend. I hope you gets lots of R&R! :)
I'm so glad you stayed home.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you'll come up with something to tell the kids.
And your 100% right, you can only deal with now. I've been out of sick days for some time now (we only get 3 pers/sick days) so I just keep taking unpaid days and dealing with it as it comes.
Hope you rest and recover this weekend.
-Michelle
Based on what you've described, I think it's also a good idea that you stayed at home :) Take the weekend to put your feet up, relax, and let Mr.SC pamper you :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you stayed home today, Kelly! Get some rest this weekend so you're ready to have a GREAT time next Saturday. ;)
ReplyDeleteI think it was definitely wise to tell people. It drives my crazy sometimes how noisy the kiddos can be. Sometimes I just tell them it is really none of their business (granted I work with K-4) . . .
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you stayed home too. I didn't think about HIV/AIDS either but that's a good point, I'm glad someone thought of that. You'll figure something out to tell them. I hope you get some R&R this weekend and recover nicely. I like the background too! =)
ReplyDeleteI think that was a smart idea to stay home. I am sorry that you were bored but hope that you continue to get lots of rest over the weekend.
ReplyDeleteI missed posting on what you could tell your students, but I'll just say it on here. I am also a HS teacher, but special ed and co-teach two regular ed classes (language arts). Last year when I had two surgeries, about 14 days off, a four day hospital stay all in less than two months, I was just honest with my kids. I told them I had been pregnant but lost the baby (did not explain ectopics), had complications from it, and that was the cause of the surgeries and me missing so much work. I know if you don't say anything the rumors will start no matter what. We had another teacher at that time who had been diagnosed with cancer, and lots of the kids thought that was wrong with me, so I told them what I could to ease their minds. It's not easy especially in a school setting where everyone is nosey. I too worry about days missed (we get 13 days a year and they roll over year to year). This is only my 3rd year of teaching and I used all my days last year, and am already out of days again right now. I worry about what I am going to do if we get a baby right away from adoption, but I just figure I'll take it when/if it happens. Glad you stayed home too. I know resting sucks (I'm terrible at it) but three surgeries in less than 3 months does a major toll on your body. Good luck and enjoy the long weekend.
ReplyDelete