Sunday, January 24, 2010

My, How Things Have Changed!

First, a huge congratulations to the Indianapolis Co.lts for making the Superbow.l! Their last Superbowl appearance was when they won it, three years ago.

February of 2007... Wow, my life sure has changed.

This post is hard for me to write. It's not TTC related at all and it's something I don't talk about very often. Mr SC and I don't talk about our pasts. We just don't. I know that many things in my past have helped shape me into who I am today, yet I really feel like I never really was truly happy until I met Mr SC. He feels the same. So, we focus on the now and our dreams for the future.

When the Colts won the Superbowl the last time, I hadn't even met Mr SC yet. I was smack dab in the middle of one of the most painful experiences of my life.

I relocated three years ago. I left my family (primarily my mother, who is my best friend) and friends behind and took a job in a new city. It was tough to get a job and it took me two years to do it. I hated my old school district and was searching for a position in a new location. I was about a month into my new job in February, 2007. I had also just had my heart ripped to shreds.

When I relocated, I was with someone else. He lived about a half an hour from my new school, which was two hours away from my hometown. We had been together for several years, but mainly in a long distance relationship. I thought I was happy but looking back, I realize it wasn't as fulfilling as a relationship as I thought it was. Anyway, my ex and I talked a great deal about whether or not we wanted to live together. I was stuck on the fact that I didn't want to feel like I was moving for him...I was moving and found the new job for myself. In the end, we decided to live together. We went apartment hunting (he had pushed to buy a house together, but I was hesitant since we weren't married) and he moved out of his smaller place into our bigger one. We went furniture shopping together to add to the nice new things he had. So when I moved, I gave up every possession. My stuff was old and hand-me-downs, so why not? I donated it all and felt pretty good about it.

Right away, things didn't seem right. I wasn't sure why. This should be the happiest time of our lives but it wasn't. It was more like we were roommates and it was strange. Looking back, I can see all the signs so clearly. But then, I couldn't believe it. I confided in a friend my fears and she told me I was insane...I had just moved there. Why would I move there if this were true? And then, to my horror, I found out it was.

I got home from work early one day and found an e-card from another woman. I came to learn that he had been cheating on me for six months. The kicker? We shared the same name and the same profession. She lived a MILE from where I had just moved from, in my home town.

For about a week, I begged him to try to work it out. We had been together for years. I just changed jobs. I had nothing. For a week, he said he would. These words do not even convey the pain that I went through. I couldn't believe someone would do that to me. He pushed for us to move in together. WHY? After I week, I came to my senses and kicked him out. He gave me money to buy new furniture (heck, it was the least he could do) and I began trying to rebuild my life, again. He stayed with a friend and I found a new apartment for my dog (Lewie) and me after about three weeks. People I barely knew helped me move and I started over, again.

The night that I moved is the night I met Mr SC.

I had known "of" him already. I teach with his SIL and had heard he speaking about him at lunch. I remember thinking that it was a shame I had a boyfriend because this guy sounded amazing. LOL. Against my better judgement, I left Lewie in the strange new apartment and went out with Mr SC, future SIL & BIL and another couple to a comedy club. It was the most I had laughed in years. Mr SC was interested right away but knew my situation and didn't push or anything (heck it took him a month after we started dating to kiss me!). It took me about a month before I gave SIL my number to give to him. I gave it to her on a Wednesday. I remember thinking that I wasn't sure if I was ready but that it would take a few days for him to call, I had plans the following weekend...that would give me two weeks. Nope. He called me the same night. I've talked to him every night since.

I have found my soul mate and my best friend. Mr SC is my rock and my life. I can't imagine my life without him in it. Although our losses have been hell, I know that I can get through anything with him by my side, holding my hand.

18 comments:

  1. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and your story just helps prove it. Sometimes we have to go through the rain and storms to appreciate the sun =). I'm so glad you have found your soulmate! First time I am stopping by your blog....I'm a new follower! I look forward to reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Payton Manning.

    Anywho, the past IS what makes us and brings us to the now, so, glad you shared your story. makes you appreciate your husband all the more I'm sure!!!

    Thanks for posting on my blog. I was just reading your timeline. I'm so sorry for your repeated losses. I hope and pray this next one will be your earthly child to hold and love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Kelly, I love this story. Going through such pain has brought you such happiness with Mr.SC. I hope, wish and pray that you get your happy ending very, very soon.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe what a great post! That's so neat how you met him the day you moved. It's so crazy how we meet our hubbys. I always think about how we met and if I knew then that he would be my hubby how cool that would've been. Just to able to take one look and know "that will be your hubby". We first spotted each other driving next to each other. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great story. Not the cheating part(been there) but it leading to your soul mate part. I really believe what we want is placed in front of us. We just have to ready to see it.
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your story! I am so happy that in the end everything worked out perfectly and you found the person you were meant to be with & your best friend! He sounds like a wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your story, so cute. I have a similar story which one day I might post too. My ex didnt cheat but our relationship didnt work out after moving across the country together. But that's where I met my hubby, so it led me to him. I believe in fate for that reason and agree with what Amaprincess said about going through the rain....Yay for Happy Endings!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really happy for you that you have such a fantastic guy, & I know firsthand what a difference it can make! Somehow God knew that your first guy wasn't for you, & that "Mr. Right" was waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That really is a beautiful story. I know that it is painful for you, but from the outside, I can see that what happened is exactly what should have happened. If it wouldn't have happened, you wouldn't have your hubby.

    My co-worker's wife had two losses. One at 12 weeks and one at 18 weeks. He said that he can't imagine not having the two children he has now. If the other two wouldn't have been miscarried, he wouldn't have the two he has now. He said that he two children are the perfect children for him.

    I pray that someday you will be able to look at your losses just like you look at the story of you and your wonderful husband.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is amazing how a few years can change things. It sucks to have gone through the ex-crap, but it does make you the person who you are today, and did lead you to SC. Who knows where we'll be in another 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some things are just meant to be. Sounds like you two are one of those things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry that you had to go through something so horrible to get to Mr SC! I believe that everything happens for a reason, and your post proves that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post, Kelly. Thank you for sharing. It's such a sweet story. I know that you have been through a lot, but I'm so glad all of that heartache led you to Mr. SC. It was meant to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful, happy-ending story! Sorry you had to deal with a cheating louse, but if that's what it took for you to find Mr. SC, then I guess it had to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes things just work out the way they are supposed to. What a horrible thing to have to go through but what a wonderful result! Thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love stories like these! Over the years I have learned to just let go and hope things will work out the way they were supposed to in the end. Without getting into too much detail I was in an abusive relationship and ended up moving out of state where I met my husband, my soul mate. If it had not been for that relationship I was in there is no way we would have met.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh.. I just left a long comment and it go dumped because I tried to use my OpenID. I hate that thing...

    Anyway, it was basically congratulating you on meeting your soulmate. It's crazy how things work out sometimes, you know? If you hadn't had a crappy ex, you may never have found Mr. Perfect! =)

    Also, Go Colts! Yes, Peyton is a cutie and I'm very thankful that the Jets did not make it in. I hate them. And yes. Hate IS a strong word. =)

    Happy ICLW!

    Daria
    (http://dariasblog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful story. I also things happen for a reason...even though we rarely know the reasons when we are in the midst of all the pain. So glad you've found your "life's place" with Mr. SC!

    ReplyDelete