DH and I had a GREAT night last night. We went out for an official "date night", which included dinner and going to see a comedian. The food was great and it felt soooo good to laugh so hard. We stayed up late and watched the World Series and, well, did other seemingly obvious married-yet date night activities. I share that because it was nice to feel like a wife and a woman again. Getting ready and being told that I looked great (although seriously, DH is blind because I could wear a paper bag and he'd say that) and spending an entire night forgetting everything did more for me than those anti-anxiety pills do!
DH turned to me at dinner and said "This is nice. We haven't done this in a long time." He's right. We're one of those disgusting couples that does pretty much everything together but we don't go out like that often. It made us think back to how we met too (which was on a sort of blind date at a comedy club).
That's my post. No being obnoxious or pining about what could have been.
Oh...I am looking for a clever name to call DH. DH is just so, blah. I'll let you know what I come up with!
Sounds like a fabulous night! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much and got to go out!! Me and my hubs went out to a nice din last night too, casual/nice dinner place on the beach. Ahhh date nights are good!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had such a great night!!! It sounds perfect!
ReplyDeleteI also need to think of something clever to call my DH on my blog. Hmmm...
I'm so glad you had a great date night! It's nice to go out and do "couples" stuff every once and a while. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I hope the Phillies can pull out a win tonight and even up this series. Maybe the Eagles can give them a pep talk?