Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Not So Much

I pride myself in being "with it". Together. Sometimes people say I'm high-strung. I take that as a compliment. I'm always on the go and always have 30 thousand thoughts in my head.

My 1st appointment with the hematologist is tomorrow afternoon. I thought I was fine. I mean, sure, when I talk about things I literally get sick to my stomach and must find a bathroom. Pronto. While I'm taking care of business though, I can talk myself down, and then I'm fine. In private, if I need time to get my head back in the game, I do it. Then I'm fine.

But I guess I'm not. First, I screwed up a bill of ours majorly. I don't do that. The repo man isn't coming or anything, but still.

Second, I lost a set of my students' papers. They're gone. I tore apart my classroom and Mr. SC helped me. Nothing. It was just worksheet, but still.

And now today. I left my effing PURSE at SCHOOL. I packed up, walked out of the building and drove home. I'm a female. Who the hell forgets their purse?

Perhaps I'll take the Ata.van now.

7 comments:

  1. Dammit, don't you hate it when you forget and lose things? I do all the time and they ALWAYS happen at once. It makes me look completely scatterbrained.

    I hope tomorrow's appointment goes well! I'm curious to hear what the doctor says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a lot going on! But that feeling of "what the hell is up with my brain" is not fun! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's because you have so much going on. I think it is completely normal to be frazzled with all of the stress and grief you are dealing with. I have left my purse at school too, and that is the worst! I say take the Ati.van! And let me know how wonderful it was. I can't take my Xan.ax now because I am in the two week wait (as if it matters...)

    I didn't realize you were a teacher! We have even more in common. I am sorry that you had to take off so much time for the miscarriage and D and C. My miscarriage was natural, but I still took 4 days off. I came back to work like a zombie. It WAS so hard to come back and look normal. My supposed "friend" and co-worker told me that I needed to start acting normal if I wanted to keep my job. That was lovely. I know what you mean about feeling weird about taking time off. I had to a few years ago for another circumstance, and I never got over feeling weird.

    You must be still having to put a fresh face on every day. Your last one was so recent. Even though mine was 7 months ago, I still pretend every day.

    I am anxious to hear about your appointment tomorrow. I hope that it goes well and you are able to remain calm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelly! I am so sorry your day was a fizzer... I hope you put Mr straight to work to find that purse of yours and those papers will probably turn up in your pile of medical referral forms.
    Best of luck tomorrow... am thinking of you. Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if it makes you feel better but I was so stressed out last week that I pulled up to the gas pump, stuck in my debit card to pay for the gas and then realized that I COULD NOT REMEMBER my PIN number for the life of me. This has been the same pin number I've used ALL my life - including the same number I use 34 times a day!
    WTF?!! Our minds do very strange things when we are overly stressed.
    GL today!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a page straight out of my life right now! I know exactly how you feel. I hope it passes soon for you. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. Sorry you had a scattered day yesterday. I hope it goes well today and I can't wait to hear the update!

    ReplyDelete