Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Does Cost.co Sell Condoms??

I met with my doctor today. She thought it would be best to refer me elsewhere. She didn't want to start to run some of her own tests and then end up referring me somewhere anyway. I was a bit surprised at the next part...she's sending me to a perinatalogist and not the fertility clinic. She thinks this doctor and this field is better for me. She seemed positive and encouraging and thought this doctor would be able to find out just what's going on to get me to keep my BFP.

Get this though...when I googled my new doc, I found out he was Kate Gosse.lin's OB. Hmmm....

I'm waiting to see when my doctor's office could get me in. I said name the time and place and I'm there.

My doctor, Dr. R, strongly encouraged us to use birth control. I turned down the pill. I don't want any more hormones in my body for fear of them interfering with things when I have tests done. So, when we got in the car (DH went with me. He always does), we joked about if Cos.tco sold condoms. We knew they didn't, so we went to another store with a half decent selection. Wow! Tons of kinds to pick from! We tried to have fun and bought six different boxes and tried to make the trip fun. We'll see.

Everything went pretty much as I hoped, with the exception of one thing. My doctor told me that the tissue testing that was done after my D&E was all fine (meaning it wasn't a chromosome abnormality). Dr. R said it was tough to know for sure that there wasn't a translocation issue because there were female chromosomes and they could have easily been mine. Had they been male, well, then it would have been clear that all was fine genetically. My heart sank. All that I heard was...I lost a baby girl.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Kelly. I'm sooo sorry. My heart broke when you said "baby girl." I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. At least it looks like you're on your way to getting some answers from the perinatologist and hematologist. Sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts. As always, I'm here if you need ANYTHING. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I'm so so sorry! My heart broke too, I can't imagine, I'm so sorry. Lots of hugs and hoping the new Dr will have all the answers.

    On an up side, that's great you and your hubs could make light of the condom situation, there are TONS of selection, there is always a new one they are advertising on tv. Let us know which is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kelly. I'm so so so sorry. I feel as though "sorry" just doesn't suffice.

    I hope that the Peri can help solve the problem and mystery of your recurrant losses. I just can't even believe that you are on this merry-go-round.

    About the Peri, that's intersting that he/she was KG's peri! Have you made the appointment?

    As far as the condoms go, do they make glow-in-the dark condoms? That would be fun/funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, we debated on if we wanted to know the sex of our 4th one (the only one that they would have been able to tell...) in the end we decided against that, and I still have mixed feelings. I suppose it's somewhere in my medical record, but just haven't asked for it. Isn't it funny to buy condoms to try to get pregnant! :) I hadn't bought them in YEARS and we went to the store a few months ago when we were in the same boat as you all. We were both incredibly shocked at the selection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart hurt when I read that you lost a baby girl. I am so sorry. I really hope you get some answers from the perinatalogist and hematologist. Sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts. I'm here if you need me!!!

    As for the condoms, I'm with M--they HAVE to make glow-in-the-dark ones. How fun would that be? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, sweetie. I'm so sorry. That made me so sad to read the end of your post. I hope you are doing OK. ((hugs))

    It IS weird to be "over 30" and buying condoms, isn't it? (was it Ok that I just said "over 30"??) :-) I agree with pp, though. May as well have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. My heart hurts for you. I can't imagine knowing what the sex of my baby was.

    I hope that you will find some answers and that will give you comfort.

    I would love to hear what kind of condoms you ended up buying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly...I am so sorry too...no other words to add except that and well done for getting to the specialist...and enjoying the rubber selection

    ReplyDelete
  9. *hugs* I'm sorry. I hope your new doctor will be able to help you. I haven't heard of going to that type of doctor before. Interesting he was Kate's doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry about your loss. It must make it a bit more real when you find out the sex. Either way it just sucks and I'm sorry.

    I have seen all the different kinds of condoms in the store but I can't even imagine trying to pick a box to buy and use with my husband...how bizarre!

    ReplyDelete