Saturday, May 29, 2010

Se.x Was Awful!!

The title of the post made me chuckle a little. I meant the movie, not with Mr SC!

I had heard that it was bad. The reviews were bad. However, after being a loyal fan of the series for so many years and seeing the first movie (which was pretty good), I felt like I had to see this one. I already had so much time invested. I had to see it through.

Wow. It was terrible.

A few things that I did like about the movie though, especially as it relates to IF, were that Carrie stayed child-free and it wasn't as if she was feeling like something was wrong with her. Yay!

It just felt so weird. It was almost like there were different writers (not the case). To me, it was culturally insensitive and I didn't feel connected or emotionally invested in the characters. In fact, to me, it was like they all hadn't worked together before (except a few scenes with the girls) and they were completely lacking any sort of chemistry.

This from the woman who cried her eyes out in the finale, when Carrie is at the front desk of the hotel in Paris after she is "slapped" and Big walks in. I cried through the whole end of the show.

This is all just IMHO, of course. I stayed away from specifics for those who will see the movie because I didn't want to spoil the plot (um...not quite sure what the plot actually was, but anyway)...

13 comments:

  1. Lol, that sucks it was so bad! I heard it wasn't very good either. I dragged F to the first movie but I didn't bother even trying with this one. I don't even want to see it. There's not much at the theaters right now, sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was totally terrible!!! I'm an avid fan and I was really disappointed. I was especially offended by the blatant anti-Muslim/anti-Arab racism. It was not okay. How did they think that would be funny?

    Did a review on my other blog to the same effect: http://chicagoshopper.blogspot.com/2010/05/satc-2-ewp-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear.

    I dragged Guvnor to the first film, he's flat out refused to come to the second, so I'm going by myself on Wednesday, which is when it comes out over here.

    Is it really that bad?

    www.thegalwho.wordpress.com
    www.themissruby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you totally hated it! I thought it wasn't NEARLY as good as the first one....but I did find myself laughing a lot through the second one. That was the best thing I can say about it - it was "funny." Otherwise, you're right about the lack of plot. I really wanted it to be a LOT less predictable....if that makes any sense.

    Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had this weird feeling that it would be. And I've read a few reviews that have been most unkind (though, it appears, entirely truthful:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, I wanted to gouge my eyeballs out when watching it. I LOVED the original series - watched it from the very beginning. But the movie was so disjointed and hard to follow ... and wayyyyyy too long. Glad I'm not the only one who thought so :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had heard it was pretty awful!!! Now I don't feel so bad about not seeing it in the theater. I'll just wait for it to come out on DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard terrible things about it, but was having a hard time deciding if I should give it a try & see it in the theater...sounds like I'm best waiting for it to come to video! Thanks for the heads up:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it sucked. Agree'd. I've been enjoying keeping up with your blog. Keep your head up and don't give up. I am new to your blog and now I'm following you. I'll be praying for you, and I really hope and pray things work out for you. I know how hard it is, I have PCOS and its tough ttc. I couldn't imagine going through what you have.I've got you in prayer. I hope you will check out my blog, and become a follower of mine and add me to your blogroll.

    http://ourjourneythrufaith.blogspot.com/

    Hope you'll check it out. Take care and God Bless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the second review I've read that said it was racist, plot-less, and just bad. Ugh, that sucks! I was such a fan of the series and I loved the first movie. Such a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard it was bad too. Some of my friends have seen it and said it was okay, but nothing special. I don't know if I'll see in the theater or not. I may not want to waste the money and just wait for it to come to DVD. I hate wasting $10 or so on a movie ticket and then the movie is bad. That makes me so mad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dangit..I wanted to see this..but I think I'll wait til it comes out on DVD..I've heard nothing but bad reviews on it..Grr. The first one (and the series) is/was so good. Im disappointed..Oh well..

    How are you, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am supposed to go see it with my cousin as a girls night out. I am nervous about all these bad reviews though.
    I just found your blog. I am so sorry for your losses.

    ReplyDelete