For those of you who are fans, I'm sure I don't have to tell you about the sequel coming up. I loved the show much more than the film, but was still excited about the new movie.
Until I saw the commercial last night.
Carrie said that she and Big were somewhere between sex and a baby and was talking about how the relationship lost its spark.
Does anyone know...does this mean that a major part of the storyline will be her trying to have a child? I don't know if I'm going to see it if that's the case.
I also read that Chris Daugh.try (who I LOVE) and his wife are expecting twins via IVF and a gestational surrogate. I always am so happy to hear when people are willing to share things like this. It makes IF and all that it involves a little less taboo of a subject.
I don't know if IF will be the focus of Carrie's storyline or not...but I wouldn't be surprised. After all, SJP and Matthew Broderick had twins via surrogacy not too long ago. (I'm also glad when celebrities share their struggles, as long as it isn't done in a "Guiliana & Bill"-esque way!)
ReplyDeleteI wondered if the movie would have some of that theme in it and thought that it might be good for SJP since she's had to deal so much with it.
ReplyDeleteKelly - I keep thinking of you big time and hoping you're finding peace & solace... (((hugs)))
I just read the majority of the movie involves the girls vacation to Dubai? I had not heard about Chris Daughtery, but I think his wife is older than him and previously had children. I'll have to check that out.
ReplyDeleteI went to see a film tonight and it was one of the trailers. I wondered the same thing....
ReplyDeleteThat is slightly dissapointing about Sex and the City! I will more than likely still see it though because I LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteGreat point about IF'ers sharing - brings so much awareness!
Hope all is well with you!
Hmmm. I'm so glad you brought that up! I'm a huge fan, but if that is the major story line, I would be so disappointed.
ReplyDeleteI hope this will not be the theme, since I am a HUGE fan & am already planning to go see the movie! I think it might have more to do with infidelity, since Aidan is back in this one.
ReplyDeleteif it is than SJP must be getting pretty used to the story line since she just played that character in the Mor.gan's movie. I'm hoping the closer they get to the opening that we find out so I can be prepared. Nothing harder than going into a movie, and being reminded of your IF the whole time!!
ReplyDeleteUgh, now that makes me hesitant to see the movie! I am done with cheesy IF story lines, so I hope if they do it, it's done right. I also heard about Chris Daughtry and his wife and was happy to see them "come out of the closet" with their IF.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you, Kelly. I hope you are doing okay. xo
It's good to hear celeb's are coming out about their IF struggles. But I agree, it's hard to palate in movie form.
ReplyDeleteI had not head that about the movie, but thanks for the heads up! I am sure I will still see it, but it is nice to have warning.
ReplyDeleteI hadn't heard that, either. But if I had to guess (you know, based on my COMPLETE ADORATION of all things SATC..) I'd bet it's not about them "having a baby" at all. I would bet it's about Carrie being at "that point" in the marriage, where she feels like she "supposed to" have a baby, but she isn't sure she wants to try. And I agree with Arl...I bet it's infidelity, since Aiden is back.
ReplyDeleteHAVE I MENTIONED HOW UTTERLY, FRICKIN' EXCITED I AM THAT THIS MOVIE COMES OUT ON. MY. BIRTHDAY. ?!?!? sorry....had to get that out!
:-) Hope you're doing well, Kelly!
Yay...I am your 100th follower!! I just wanted to say that I too am a SATC fan and am hoping it's not all about baby!! I need it to be an escape from life!! Hope you have a blessed day
ReplyDeletei really hope thats not the case because i was looking forward to sitting back and enjoying a relatively "plot-less" light hearted and funny chick flick. it'll piss me off if it becomes all about carrie becoming a mom.
ReplyDelete