So I'm 5dpm/c (that made me chuckle a little...perhaps an indicator that's something's wrong with me) and I'm feeling better. I'm still crampy and stuff, but it's getting better. Mr SC and I went out to eat last night and then came home and planted a new tree and flowers in our yard. I stopped into school today to get a massive pile of papers to grade and I'm set to return on Monday.
Finally, I have a bit of a direction. My good friend, Katie, had suggested I get in touch with someone she knows who had gotten to the bottom of her 18 miscarriages through the She.r Institute, to see if she could offer any insight. When I looked into their locations, I soon discovered that there is an office about two and a half hours from me. The chief RE there did a fellowship specifically dealing with RPL. I mustered up the courage and called.
My last day of school is 6/11/10. I have four trips scheduled and am looking forward to our break (although I knew I'd use the summer to try to investigate what's going on).
My jaw nearly dropped on the floor when I got an appointment on Tuesday, June 15th!
The woman that I spoke to was very nice and offered a phone consultation, due to the distance we would be driving. Mr SC and I agreed though that we wanted to go and meet with the doctor in person.
So that's that.
Kelly, I actually met the founder of the Sher Institute, Dr Sher, just a few months back at a local seminar. I went for a free IVF raffle, but really found the seminar informative and went to visit with a local RE. Good luck at your appointment and I hope this brings you one step closer to your dreams. In the interim - Dr Sher has a blog thats filled with tons of useful information if you want to check it out, www.ivfauthority.com . xoxoxoxox
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you have found someone who may be able to give you some insights. And that's amazing that you were able to get in so quick (in doctor time that is). I will be praying that you will find the answers you seek!
ReplyDeleteI think it's great that you're going to see the Sher Institute. I've heard many good things about them, and it's really good that you're moving forward.
ReplyDeleteI hope the new loss testing gives more answers. Enjoy the break, and each other, until then.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's awesome they got you in so quickly! I hope they are helpful and have a lot of good information and answers. That Katie is pretty awesome ;).
ReplyDeleteThat's fantastic! It sounds like a great clinic. I really hope they can get to find the reason for all this heartbreak in your life...and stop it!
ReplyDeleteWell, Dr. Sher (and associates) are well known in the IVF community. I do hope he gives you some answers, he is well known for his work with Recurrent pregnancy loss. He has theories and methods not tried many other places. I hope that you find some answers soon.
ReplyDeleteThis is great news, and brilliant timing: you'll finish your school year and almost immediately start getting to the bottom of things. I think it's a very smart move.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your feeling better and that the cramps are subsiding. (I did smile just a bit at the dpm/c. You might have to patent that one.)
I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better and that you are looking forward. I went to Sher in S.t. L.o.u.i.s. I wasn't thrilled with them here, but I have heard the clinics in other states are amazing. I have even considered looking into the clinic in Dallas. Their website is great - www.haveababy.com Tons of information and they do try things that others have not. Dr. Sher also has a book - not sure the name, but you could google it. Good luck. I only have 10 days left of school here. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're feeling better and it's great you found a Dr. nearby. And, it's amazing you can go in so soon. I really hope they can help you get to the bottom of the issues you've faced. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that you're moving forward and that you;ve found a new source to figure this out for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm very excited and hopeful for you to go to Sher. I think it's an excellent decision! I was about 2 seconds from cycling with him out in Las Vegas - he specializes in Endo and immunology testing as well. I actually did a phone consult and was very impressed.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you got the appointment so quickly!! This is a great step towards figuring out what is going on.
ReplyDeleteSOOOOOO happy that you found the courage to call and get that appointment. BIG pat on the back to you :) I know that feeling of making the call and pressing on, so I admire that courageous move.
ReplyDeletePraying you find answers with this new RE and so happy your friend was able to share the information.
Let us know how your consult goes...and know that I'm sending prayers your way.
HUGS
Wonderful! I'm so glad you got an appointment that quick! I'll be praying for you.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
I have been a patient at SHER in St Louis since December. I have mostly good experiences with them. Because of our multiple miscarriages they strongly suggested PGD with IVF. Hopefully having our transfer soon!
ReplyDeleteI wish you lots of luck and hope you finally get some answers!
I'm delurking to say that I'm so sorry about your miscarriages and also very happy that you're trying the Sher Institute. I started seeing a RPL specialist in Chicago, and I love her. (But not in a weird way.) I'm really hoping that the next one sticks for both of us.
ReplyDelete