Sunday, May 9, 2010

Update

I thought with everything that's been going on, I should bring everyone up to speed about things.

Tomorrow I am heading into my RE in the morning for her to administer the Cytote.c. I'll be 10w6d tomorrow and still nothing. I know some of you commented on a previous post of mine that I should try to see that as a good thing, that my body is trying desperately to hold on to a pregnancy. Somehow though, I can't see it that way. I can't have a D&E (unless the Cytote.c doesn't work) because of my scar tissue (otherwise, I would have had one a week and a half ago).

Anyway, I'm just hoping that it works. Apparently it doesn't in about 15-20% of the women who take it (and we all know how I generally fall in the statistics department).

I was also proud of myself today. This is my FB status:
Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is missing their mom today, every woman who yearns to be a mother and those women who are mothers to angels in heaven.

22 comments:

  1. I had a similar FB status too. Mother's day can be hard for different groups of people for sure. Thinking of you today, I am so sorry that things have turned out this way for you.

    I am hoping the Cryotech will work so that you can move on soon. Feeling stuck is not a good way to feel.

    Hugs to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be thinking my good thoughts for you tomorrow. That it goes smoothly. That it works. It didn't work for me the first time and being prepared for the possibility of that is important, but it DID work the second time (like you, I don't pay attention to statistics much anymore).

    I'm so sorry, Kelly. And sorry that your body won't let the pregnancy go. I do believe that it's a good omen for the future, but that's most definitely NOT a conclusion I reached in the middle of things, when I just wanted desperately to be on the other side of it all. And I am hoping very hard that by tomorrow night you will be on the other side of it. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, i'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping for once... just once, you fall on the right side of the stats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this works Kelly. I really hope it works and you don't have to have a D&E. Many hugs to you today. I know it's a hard day and I hope you're ok today. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you,sweetie. I hope so much that this is resolved soon. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your facebook post. I was trying to think of a good way of saying it...and you nailed it. I may adapt your posting to something similar.

    It took me two rounds of cytotec. I'd suggest that you ask your doctor about the possibility/necessity of multiple rounds.

    Thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly,

    I will remain positive for you :) I'm praying the cytotec works for you and sending love your way. I was 10w also and my body refused to let go, which I look back on as a sign that my body did not completely fail me. That thought is hard to absorb though and it took me some time to get my head around it.

    Your FB post is beautiful....

    xoxo and thinking of you sweet girl.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you today. I really hope the cytotec works for you and you are able to start the next process. I really loved your facebook post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be thinking of you tomorrow Kelly and continuing to send you love. I wish there was something I could do to help ease the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you and hope this time you fall on the right side of the stats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry you have to go through all this.
    I love your facebook status so much, mind if I steal it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great FB status. I wasn't as brave, but I did post a link to Nia Vardalos's Mother's Day article on FB. Better than nothing I guess.

    I've been thinking of you. I'm so sorry your body didn't do its thing on its own. I hope this is resolved very soon, the wait is pretty terrible.

    Huge hugs to you on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to administer the cytotec myself (vaginally) when I used it... within an hour I started feeling it working. I was told that if it didn't work that I could take two more pills the next day or something... it's been over a year, I can't remember exactly. But, make sure they give you pain meds in case you need them. I hope you don't, but my experience was very painful. (*hugs*) And I know, having the body hang on to it is no consolation.

    Great FB status- I actually had something very similar. It is a hard day for many people from all walks of life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to come over and find this pregnancy is not working out for you. Again. Heartbreaking, I know and understand. I wish I could offer you more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot stand facebook for many reasons. However, if I would have seen that one...my heart would have smiled. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. As weird as it sounds, your Facebook status made me smile when I read it yesterday. Because I was so proud of you for writing that. It's heartbreaking but true. I thought about you often yesterday and I will be thinking about you today. I wish I could hold your hand while you go through this.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it's great you were able to update your FB status that way. It was really tough even going on there yesterday for me. Thankfully I was busy with other things to keep my mind off of my infertility.

    I'm so sorry that you have to go into the RE, but perhaps this will bring the peace you're searching for. I'm here for you whenever you need me. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  19. You facebook status is amazing! And really hoping this works, thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm hoping the cytotec works for you!!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thinking of you, Kelly. Hang in there. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete