I had my follow-up this morning with the RE. The cytot.ec worked (in fact, he was very pleased with how quickly and how well it worked). I have a follow-up with my regular RE on 6/22.
Not to get into that much detail, but yesterday things started happening an hour and a half after it was administered. And by "things", I mean significant things. Most of it was over in two hours. The severe cramping didn't come until later and lasted into the night (which was hell and required a double dose of my prescription paid medication) but is over now.
I'm sad but I'm relieved. I'm just glad it's over. I'm taking the rest of the week off from school and I'll head back on Monday, 5/17.
Thanks to everyone for your support and thanks to everyone who helped with information/answered my questions. It made the hell a little easier.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?
Glad you're feeling relief now. Take care of yourself during your time off.
ReplyDeleteI don't feel right saying I'm "glad" that the cytotec worked, but I recognize that it's better than the alternative. And I do hope that you find that your strength and courage continue to grow. Take this week for yourself, and know that you're in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy it worked, and you can finally move forward. Take some time for yourself this week, and hang in there! It will probably be very nice to go back to work next week, at least for some normalcy. Hang in there!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad this ordeal is almost over, pysically anyway. Please keep us updated about your RE's thoughts and plans. I'm praying for you.
ReplyDeleteI hear legend that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Sometimes, I feel, we are strong enough! In any case, I am so glad this is just OVER for you now. It's so hard to move on mentally when you can't physically. It's so sad, but I am glad it was fairly quick. Good for you for taking more time off, and a big hug sent out to you.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that it worked for you and you don't have to go through a D&C. Relax for the rest of the week and take care of yourself. You deserve it after what you have been through. Thinking of you and praying for you!
ReplyDeletethinking of you. i'm glad it went ok and was over quick.
ReplyDeletexx
I have been thinking alot about you lately. I am sorry that you even had to go through this. I am relieved now for you. Sending you lots of ((HUGS)) + prayers .
ReplyDeleteOh, Kelly, my heart is with you. Big (((hugs))) as you endure this...
ReplyDeleteI am so so sorry Kelly... I know there are no words that could comfort you right now... just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you lots of hugs~
ReplyDeleteI am so relieved that you do not have to go through a D&E and that you are starting to phyically feel better. The emotional side, well that is another story all together.
ReplyDeleteI continue to think of you and hope you are on your way to healing.
Your last statement is so true, but I know that's not how you've felt this whole time. I'm so, so sorry for all the pain, and mostly for the loss. This isn't supposed to happen in any version of the universe. But it does. And you're right, we do emerge stronger, though battered and broken. My prayers are with you as you recover.
ReplyDeleteI am just so glad that the meds worked and you're able to move forward. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. ((Hugs))
ReplyDeleteOh Kelly, I am so glad that the physical part of this has started and you can start the emotional healing now.
ReplyDeleteI've been repeating that to myself lately, whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger. It's hard to believe right now, but I think we'll see that soon.
Thinking of you and here to talk if you need me.
xxx
I totally understand the relief of it being over (*hugs*) And so glad the physical part is over. Sending you strength for the emotional healing now.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you finally have some closure and can begin the healing process. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you had to endure that. Take care of yourself this week. I hope next week at work goes well.
ReplyDelete((big hugs))
I'm so glad you did not have to have a D&C. I hope you have a good week at school next week. Just think summer is almost here!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that it worked well and the physical part is over. Sending you healing vibes.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad it worked and didn't take too long. Take care this week. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteGlad the meds worked as they should. Praying you find comfort & are given the support you need as you face this challenging time.
ReplyDeleteKelly - I have been reading (but not posting) and my heart has been breaking for you and your husband during this process once again. I'm glad the meds are working and I am sending you my prayers. I am living proof (as we all are in the infertile world) that what does not kill us, does in fact make us stronger, and we are all very strong women in this community. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you survived that ordeal and that things went as planned with the meds. Thinking of you and hoping you're managing to get some smiles in these days. You are definitely one strong woman!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're feeling relief, but sorry that you have to go through that at all. Bleh. Why don't our bodies want to work like they should?
ReplyDeleteYou must have felt completely different emotions as all of that took place. It is so hard to be in that place. At least it is all behind you now and you can move forward with healing and getting back on your feet.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are doing well. Sending you loads of love and hugs.
I wish you health and healing and most of all peace.
ReplyDeletexxoo
I know that feeling of relief. I am so sorry you had to go through it again - take lots of time to rest and heal. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteOh Kelly, I'm so sorry. Glad the meds worked but so sorry you went through this.
ReplyDeleteHUGS!
I am relieved for you that this is over. Now you can begin to heal. Please just relax the rest of the week, and take it easy on yourself, and do what you need. That goes for next week too, and the weeks after that.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry, Kelly. I hope the healing comes quickly as well, physically I mean.
ReplyDeleteI can't tell you how terribly sorry I am that you had to go through this. The pain must have been awful, but I am glad it was relatively quick and that your are coming out of it. I wish, I could give you a big hug and tell you things will be alright, because I believe there must be only good things coming now! Much love your ways.
ReplyDelete