Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Made It

I'm feeling a strange sense of triumph today. Yesterday, at 2:40, the school year was officially over. Personally, it was by far the worst I've ever had. As a teacher though, it almost didn't feel "time" for it to be over. I loved the kids I had this year and with being out so much, I really feel like I missed out with them.

This week was full of ups and downs. I had a major blowup with my SIL, who also happens to be a co-worker. It's not even worth blogging about, but it rattled me quite a bit (she's a horrible human being, but anyway...). I also ended up having a heart to heart with my friend, L, who I haven't spoken to since October. We were close friends and ended up being due within two weeks of one another. I miscarried my baby girl in October and L ended up having hers two weeks late the morning after we had our talk. I don't know if we'll ever be friends again the way we were because for me, it just hurts too much. She's understands and as tough as it was, I'm so glad we had our talk.

Last night I went out to a party that is held annually by a teacher for everyone in the district. To say I had fun is an understatement. I really needed to go out and do that. I needed to be around my coworkers who care about me more than I realized. I needed to let go of my fear and get out of the house. Turns out, it was the most fun Mr SC and I had in a long time.

I got through the school year, which is something I didn't know if I was capable of. I'm trying to take steps to get back to me, Kelly. Kelly, the woman who loves her husband and her dogs and teaching. Kelly who is smart and funny. Even though I will always carry with me the battle scars of my four losses and the hell that has gone with it, it's not going to define me anymore. I refuse to let it.

19 comments:

  1. I admire your stregnth! Good for you. Look forward to hearing more from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Glad to see you back, and with such a sense of determination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear from you and glad that you have such a positive attitude going forward. Enjoy the time off this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a great time last night!!

    and, helllloooo SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed you Kelly :) and I'm happy to have read this post. I'm not sure it seems this way to you right now, but you are a ROCK and a PILLAR of strength. When all is said and done, you are going to kick IF in the ass - I can tell, because you are a determined soul.

    Lots of love to you and Mr.SC.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO glad to see you post this. Yay, for the end of the school year and for a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing the year. It's an achievement, Kelly. You've been through hell. And I bet you've done more for those students - and meant more to them - than you realize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you...its hard not to let infertility take over your life and make you bitter. I hope you enjoy your summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yippee! Schools out!

    So happy that you felt "good" and enjoyed your co-workers and had a nice time at the party. We owe it to ourselves to relax and enjoy.

    As for getting back to yourself, that takes time, but I'm glad you are finding your way :)

    Be good to yourself and indulge in all things Kelly and Mr. SC!

    Many Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. These lines are so meaningful to me "I'm trying to take steps to get back to me, Kelly. Kelly, the woman who loves her husband and her dogs and teaching. Kelly who is smart and funny. Even though I will always carry with me the battle scars of my four losses and the hell that has gone with it, it's not going to define me anymore. I refuse to let it."

    I completely understand. After our current m/c, that is all I want. To go back to being me. It's so important. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy to hear that you had fun, & most of all that you are trying to get YOU back, because YOU are a wonderful woman who deserves all the happiness in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry about the SIL drama - I know how much it can tear you up inside.

    Glad that you survived this school year, that is a major accomplishment.

    I'm with you on using the summer to just get back to being myself. Not the infertile and lost two babies AL but just AL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had fun!!! I remember it is hard to get back in the groove after you go through that tornado of grief.... I feel like we are JUST starting to get a bit of 'us' back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! This is so good to hear. I've been thinking about you a lot. Thanks for your inspiration to get back to the 'real' us :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great to hear that Kelly got her groove back! Congrats! Here's to the start of an awesome summer for you and Mr. Sc!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You go girl! I don't know you IRL but have this overwhelming feeling of being incredibly proud of an amazing friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you made it to your summer! Love your new look too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on making it to the end of the school year! Enjoy the summer off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the end of the school year! And I love your attitude that you will get yourself back during this summer. You're one tough cookie, you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete