Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Change in Plans and Things to Look Forward To

Mr SC was sick starting last Saturday. He's still sick but I think he'll be able to make a full day back at work today. Despite all of my attempts, I am now sick also. I didn't wait though (like I usually do) and headed to the doctor yesterday.

It's our anniversary on Sunday and we made plans to head to Washington, DC for a long weekend. That's why I headed to the doctor. We're so excited for this trip and I wanted to be sure I could go. I'm not feeling good, but a little better (although the house is a mess and I'm not going to be able to go shopping for a cute new outfit.)

I called She.r yesterday and was able to get my appointment rescheduled for next Tuesday afternoon. I was so relieved. I would have made the trip today if I absolutely had to, but sitting in the car for that long and feeling like crap didn't sound like much fun to me. Unfortunately, that means I won't get to go to the support group meeting I had asked everyone about attending some time ago (I got the days mixed up last month and I won't be home in time next week).

That takes me to our anniversary...on Sunday. I think back now to when we set our wedding date. If we only knew what was ahead for us. I would have never selected a day that could have potentialy been Father's Day. UGH. I know it will only fall on our anniversary every so many years, but still. The thought of celebrating our anniversary seven years from now and still being childless is just too painful.

I hope those of you who are in the US are dealing with this heat. We're set to get it tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better for your trip so you can enjoy every moment of it. Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUCK. I am so sorry you are sick, just in time for this trip. I really hope you can knock this out before you leave. There's nothing worse than being sick on vacation! I hope you enjoy your trip and have a wonderful time celebrating your anniversary. You two deserve an amazing weekend away.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. So sorry you are feeling sick. I hope you are able to relax a bit this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope you're feeling better for your trip!! Have a wonderful time and a great anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get to feeling better soon and can enjoy your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO! Your body needs to stop being sick - you have too much fun planned while you're here in DC :)

    Sending you virtual chicken soup.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! I hope that you are able to enjoy yourselves this weekend and just let go of everything else for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a great weekend in DC! Hopefully you'll wake up tomorrow feeling fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you're sick! I hope you get better in time for the weekend and I hope you guys have a great trip!!

    It's hot as s* here in FL...and I work for an AC company so now you see why my job sucks so bad lately. =(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary! I'm sorry you've got conflicting emotions/physical yuckiness going on but hopefully you can enjoy yourself in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being sick is no fun at all, especially not while you're also contemplating big dates. But I am glad you could reschedule your appointment at the Sher Institute. I am so hoping that it opens doors for you, that it helps you get to the bottom of things.

    Happy Anniversary. It's tough to feel celebratory when you've gone through so much else. But you and Mr. SC deserve to have a lovely, happy day (and I hope the Washington swelter stays to a minimum for you).

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy anniversary.
    i hope you are both better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that you are feeling better. Have a great time in DC, it is such an awesome city to visit. Enjoy your anniversary, you HAVE something wonderful to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete