Monday, February 22, 2010

Welcome, ICLW and a HUGE Thanks!

Welcome, hola, greetings and saluations, bonjour to all of you stopping by from ICLW! I apologize for being a day late. :) I've been involved with ICLW for about three months and love to have the opportunity to find new blogs to follow. I hope that all of you find your happy endings through this IF adventure.

And, thank you. Thanks to all of you who just "get it", whether you already follow my blog or whether you just stopped by. This morning started out horribly (I talked about the speaker in my earlier post) and, although I was looking forward to dinner with my friends, I postponed to tomorrow. I ended up getting sick (nerves? food? I don't know) and was too overwhelmed with the fear of questions from strangers (similar to the "children" question this morning)

Anyway, it was helpful to see my friend. If I'm honest though, I couldn't wait until I could blog about it. Why? Because I knew that here, I would have people who would just understand. Imagine the irony in that. Some of the people who understand me the best are ones that I've never even met.

So thank you. You were there for me when I needed you. I hope I am able to return the favor someday.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got out of the dinner if tonight wasn't going to be a good night. Nothing wrong with that! I know what you mean about only people in blog-land really "getting" it. I'm glad we have this. =) Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you ran into a good friend....but I hate that you weren't feeling up to dinner. :-(

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady, so glad to have you here as well:) Starting a blog while dealing with IF has been one of the most therapeutic things I've ever done...glad to hear it's helped you too! You're so right about people we've never met getting it, those who have never gone through IF just can't completely understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for this community! Thank YOU for being 'there' for me too! Glad you feel better!

    Yes, and so true about feeling close to people we've never met but 'just get it' :)

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This community is incredible isn't it? Glad you are getting so much support here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome and as a new blogger I find that I too can't wait to blog because I know that others are out there somewhere who has gone through some of my same struggles..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it funny how quickly we become addicted to this blog world? I've thought so many times about how I can't wait to blog about that... ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can completely relate, I feel like my blog friends can be much more understanding than IRL friends. We do get it. And glad to be here for you.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your comment on my blog!

    Yes, it is strange to find so much support, kindness and understanding in the virtual world, especially when it can be so difficult to get IRL, at least in terms of IF (no one seems to get it unless they've been through it). I don't know where I would be emotionally without the online IF community. A blessing I never would have anticipated.

    I am so sorry for your losses. Mine was 2 days before Christmas, and it is much worse than I ever could have imagined in terms of dealing with it emotionally. You're very strong to keep moving forward despite that all has happened to you. I'm in awe!

    Good luck on your TTC journey!

    ReplyDelete