Today is snow day # 2. School was closed yesterday, which was silly, really. Today it's crazy outside. The wind is howling and the snow is coming down sideways.
What am I doing with myself?
1. AF is in town and is being horrible. My RE warned me though, so it's ok. I'm enjoying the time being off in sweats. I'm always worried when I'm teaching that I'll have some sort of accident. No worries while at home!
2. My poor dogs are bored and keep looking out the window for Mr SC. He's a wrestling coach and there are two kids on the team (I teach them also) who have made it to the 2nd round of the postseason. So, he's about an hour away (they stayed overnight) and today is the first round. He told me he thought I should stay put because of the weather. Boo. Semis and Finals are tomorrow and I'll drive down for that. My nephew wrestles also and I want to see him. I'm not a fan of wrestling myself. I don't get it at all. I want to be supportive though.
3. Monday-Wednesday this week I was at a technology conference. WOW. It was amazing! So, much of my time yesterday and today I've been spending going through what I've learned and putting together a workshop for other teachers in my district. I'm so excited to share things with my students also. In case you haven't realized, the conference and the snow days mean I haven't been in school all week!
4. I'm finding a summer institute to go to over my break. I always try to do a week of professional development and I finally get to start an AP U.S. Gover.nment program in my high school (it's why they hired me three years ago) so I'm attending a refresher this summer, since it's been several years since I've taught it.
So that's my excitement. I'm not focusing on what CD it is on what's coming up. Just enjoying relaxing after a crazy week and trying to get things ready for school.
Anyone have any plans for the weekend?
This weekend will be reading, reading, and more reading, which is perfect for a snowy time. Maybe some cooking and movie watching w/ DH too.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your snow day!
Sounds like a perfect way to spend a not so perfect day! :)
ReplyDeleteSorry AF is being such a pain. :( Hope the snow lets up soon!
I agree with Rebecca, this sounds like a great way to spend a snowy day!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping to enjoy a fairly relaxing weekend too. Trying a new recipe for dinner tonight, have a book I'd like to start, and maybe a movie or two!
Take care of yourself! Thank you so much for all of your supportive comments on my blog! Know that I'm here for support too! :)
I wanted to wear sweatpants, but opted for jeans since I'm "working" form home. Gotta keep it professional.
ReplyDeleteI hope AF gets out of town soon!
You must not be TOO far away from me. I am outside of Phila and the snow yesterday was a total joke. But today it did stick a bit, I get to leave early. Woo-hoo. Yay for snow days. Are you a history teacher? I love it. That was my original major before I switched to psych, though I am still pretty passionate about h/x. Glad you are not able to think about the cycle, sometimes when AF comes, it's sad but also a relief.
ReplyDelete-Jess
Glad you're able to focus on something else, even if it's just for awhile. I'm starting to hate the snow!!!
ReplyDeleteWe're supposed to be going to a japanese restaurant for a belated birthday celebration with my inlaws & my mom, but we'll have to see how the weather is.
Hope you're feeling better from AF!!
Hi thanks for stopping by my blog, you have a new follower ;)! And I am beyond sorry to read about your miscarriages, I know that one can be devasting but can't even wrap my mind around the thought of more than that. Despite that I can still totally feel your positive attitude, stay strong!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about all your loss. I hope this next cycle with prove.ra is finally the answer to your prayers!!! ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteICLW
At least you got to stay home during horrible AF days. I hope she goes away soon.
ReplyDeleteI love conferences! I really like learning new things that I can use in my classroom.
I am sorry AF is not being very nice but am glad you were able to stay home in your comfy sweats today. I hope the weather and roads are better tomorrow for your drive to see the wrestling match. Hope you stay warm in the meantime.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're able to stay home and relax with AF being a b!tch. Have fun at the wrestling tournament. I never got that sport eiher. Weird if you ask me. My best guy friend did that in hs so I used to go watch sometimes. That summer conference sounds perfect and that's awesome you're starting an AP program. =)
ReplyDeleteI don't think we're doing much this weekend. I have to get bloodwork early then go to the RE's office for an appt. F has to work, boo! Then I imagine we'll both want to relax. =)
I love snow days (except when I have to make them up at the beginning of the summer...then I hate them):) I'm glad you're doing a summer institute. I think it's so important to get on with, well, life, even as you're waiting for the other stuff. And good luck with starting that AP program.
ReplyDeletePS: I think wrestling is completely a guy thing. I never got it either.
I wish you can dump some of your snow on us. 24/7 sun isn't always fun. I know you want to hit me for saying that but really, snow just sounds so fun right now!
ReplyDeleteHappy to see you keeping yourself busy and not burdening yourself with the waiting game.
Never understood wrestling and wrestler's ears. ??? :) Have a great weekend!
Wrestling is puzzling for sure. My nephew also wrestles and is good at it, not that I can see anything amidst flying arms, legs, and butts. I hope the weather lightens up and the sun finds you. Warm wishes from California!
ReplyDeleteWay to be positive! Excited for your summer prof dev program and starting something that really excites you! I also don't get wrestling & wonder how it must be to have a husband who coaches!
ReplyDeleteWe're finishing our closet system today and will participate in Mel's Show & Tell this coming week to show it off! Also going to a ballet today & preparing for a women's shelter dinner with my church tomorrow night! Enjoy watching the snow & your time indoors! :)
Stopping by from ICLW and thanks so much for your message on my blog. I am so sorry for all you've been through but I can see from your timeline that things are about to become interesting soon! Wishing you the very best, Fran
ReplyDeleteICLW
Wow, sounds like a crazy week! I hope AF goes away soon and you feel better. I wanna go to a technology conference! Sounds great!
ReplyDelete