Thursday, February 11, 2010

No Clever Title Here!

So I'm in the midst of the snow mess here in good ol' PA. I'll have to take more pictures today of the pooches. Perhaps I'll even get to go sledding!

So here's what's up:
1. I'm in the middle of day 2 of my spring break. We didn't have school Wednesday or Thursday (and already scheduled Friday off for a snow makeup day, which the district isn't using and Monday are conferences) so yeah. I'm very, very thankful that I have a job that I don't have to drive in bad weather. For some reason though, I always have on the news watching the road reports and worrying about other people driving safely. I'm a nut like that.

2. DH is sick. We had these great plans to play Ban.d Hero yesterday until he started puking his guts out. I made a great dinner that he couldn't eat. :(

3. DH has a job. Finally. He's been out of work since 11/08. That's when he had his first shoulder surgery (he injured it at work). He was finally released to go back to work in July '09, only to get laid off three weeks later. It's a pay cut but it's first shift (his other job was 2nd) and he starts Monday. I'm so happy for him. And, I'm thankful for us for a steady second paycheck.

4. I finished my book on my ereader that I just got. After hours of research, I got a noo.k. I LOVE it.

5. I haven't been sleeping. I fall asleep fine but wake up six times a night. Ugh. I called my RE to talk to her. It's been worse since I've been taking the Estradi.ol and I was wondering if I could have a prescription to help? She called back and said to start to Prover.a now to bring on AF. Less time on the Estrad.iol since all looked good. She joked that she was stuck at the hospital because of the snow and that I could come in and help with surgery...I've been through enough and know the lady parts and the not sleeping would come in handy.

6. One of Mr SC's friend's wife (not sure if that's grammatically correct, it's 5:30am-give me a break) has had three miscarriages also. She wants to meet me. I avoid her like the plague. It's different blogging. To meet someone in real life? Well, all that emotion is more controlled in a blog. Anyway, she told Mr SC yesterday that two of her friends had been TTC for years and couldn't...IVF, etc. They drank whole milk (unpasteurized, but "certified") and got pregnant in a month. Like, straight from the cow to the glass. I had read about whole milk and ovulation, but I don't think that was an issue with these women. Have any of you ever heard this?

And that brings me to my "oh shit" revelation. AF should start in around ten days. That's about a week earlier than initially thought. That means we're back on the TTC bandwagon sooner. Oh shit. I can't even think about it. See, I'm thinking about it (since I'm typing about it) and my stomach is in knots. That's another post itself.

I hope that everyone, wherever you are, is safe and warm. I am, but only since I'm inside!

13 comments:

  1. Glad that you don't have to drive in the snow! I'm in the midwest and this winter has been treacherous - and I live closest to my office, so the other girls get snowed in and I have to get my butt to the office.

    Yay for DH's job - that is great news!

    Good luck with your coming cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to DH on the new job!!! I hope he will get better soon.

    I just have read about the milk-TTC thing. They say that most of the female hormones are in the creamy phase and the watery phase of the milk contains prolactin and androgens. This might be the trick.

    I am glad you are done with the Estradiol. Do you need another check before an active cycle, or can you move on right after Pro.vera? Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the milk. If ovulation was a problem, it'd be worth a try, right?

    Good news about hubby's job. And first shift is always preferred :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also glad you don't have to drive in the snow. That makes me so nervous!

    Congrats to DH on the new job! That's so exciting. Hopefully the snow clears out before then so he can actually GET to the new job. :)

    I've never heard that about whole milk before. I drink whole milk, but definitely not straight from the cow. Hehe.

    And I know you are nervous about trying again. I just want you to know that we are all here to support you with whatever you need.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your DH!!

    I've heard about whole milk, but not unpasteurized. Who knows?

    I'm so sorry that moving on is so stressful. We're definitely here for you whenever you need us. Giant ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Mr. SC on the new job! I hope he starts feeling better soon.

    I hadn't heard about whole milk before. That's interesting.

    I know you're so nervous about TTC again. Take deep breaths and take it one step at a time. Easier said than done, I know. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're inside, safe and snug. This winter has been a bear! And that's great about your DH (the job, not the tummy). BTW, I'd feel similarly about meeting Mr. SC's friend's wife. Connections can't be forced even if situations seem similar...there's something about not having anywhere to hide in a real-life meeting that bothers me. We're all so different, and we react differently, so situations are never the same.

    Makes me wonder about the milk, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to DH about the job! That's great news.

    I've never heard about the milk thing... if I had O issues, I would be all over that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very happy about the new job,. that is awesome news...havent heard about the milk though

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo Hoo to your hubby's new job! Hopefully that will help reduce some stress!

    So excited for you to be getting started back in TTC! I am sure it is nerve-racking, but I can't help but be excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay on your hubby's new job!!! That's great!

    I've heard eating whole fat dairy products is good but I've never really done anything in particular to test it.

    I know you're probably nervous and scared, I'll be rooting you on and praying for everything to work out. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for your husbands new job!! What a nice relief to have two paychecks!

    I have never heard of the whole milk thing. My grandfather was a dairy farmer and I remember going to get the milk out of that barn. It was in a stainless steel tank and I think it was pretty close to fresh from the cow and it was delicious! I wish he was still around to give me some of that milk.

    I'll be praying for you when you start this journey again.

    I hope you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome news on the job front for Mr SC! That's great!!

    The whole milk thing is new to me too. Makes my stomach turn a little to think about it, but hey, whatever works!

    As for your husband's friend's wife with RPL, I would try to find the strength to talk to her, maybe just over the phone. For me, it's been such a lonely time in my life. It would have meant a lot to have someone who had gone through it to actually talk to. But I do understand that it's easier said than done. And with so much going on, you have to make the best decision for you.

    Good luck with getting some rest! I've been an insomniac this week too, and it sucks!!

    ReplyDelete