Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm Home!

It was difficult to be away last week. I made a few new friends (yay, me) and finished a great book. After being away for what felt like weeks (instead of just one), I got home on Friday. Mr SC was so cute...he was almost giddy. The house was spotless and he bought me flowers. It was so good to be home.

My parents came yesterday morning and spent the night. They left late this morning. It's so nice that my stepfather (well, and my mom) love, love, love Mr SC. I can't say that about my previous relationships. It was relatively chaotic with four dogs in our small house (and four people) but it was fun.

Unfortunately, due to dear AF's arrival (and timing), I now can't have my procedure at SIRM this Wednesday, nor could I have my CD3 b/w done. I know it's fine and all, but next month for CD3 I'll be at the beach so I guess it will wait until September.

The only other significant thing going on is that after being called back to work, Mr SC hurt his knee at work, again. He's off until he figures out what's going on but he's already had three surgeries on this same knee. Should be interesting. Good news though that we have off together for now.

I'm curious...have any of you ever had a saline u/s? That's what I'm going to have done in a couple of weeks (to check for scar tissue regrowth).

I hope that all of you had a weekend. For those of you in the U.S., did you do anything special for the 4th?

15 comments:

  1. So nice that he cleaned and got you flowers! Glad the visit with your parents went well.

    I just had the saline sono a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if you want to read my entry though. I have anxiety issues and made it into a big thing. I took valium which helped a lot. The worst part for me was the catheter, but I'm glad I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had several saline ultrasounds - take tylenol or advil prior to. My experience is that they were uncomfortable but not painful. The doctor said that anytime your cervix is messed with it can cause discomfort & it did. And the pressure from the saline being infused into your uterus is also a weird feeling. Of course, everyone is different - but like I said, I've had several... 4 I think!

    And what a sweet guy you have! A clean house & flowers... no wonder your family loves him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great homecoming! :)

    I had a saline ultrasound, & I'd agree that it was slightly uncomfortable, but not extremely painful. I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had several saline sonos as well. I have found them really no big deal, slight cramping when they get everything into place, but thats about it. They are pretty quick so any discomfort you have is over fast. I was happy to have my last one to really know that everything was clear following my d&e, it gave me real piece of mind.
    Welcome home, sounds like your husband missed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is a saline u/s the same as a hysterosalpingogram (hsg)? It sounds close to the same... I had one a about a year ago, and other than some technical difficulties with broken xray equipment (resulted in me having to change rooms, after I had been hooked up to the catheter). It was mildly uncomfortable, but overall, not a bad experience. I took a couple of tylen.ol before the appointment and that may have helped a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had both a saline sono and an HSG. Compared to the HSG, the saline sono was pleasant. Not much worse than a PAP. About the same.

    Your man rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep I have had one...was no big deal at all....to be honest felt like embryo x-fer or an IuI....Maybe if you had some scar tissue it maybe a different story but was normal:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home!
    I found the saline ultrasound less painful than the HSG. I hope it goes well for you.
    Sorry about having to wait til September.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home Kelly! I'm really sorry about your hubby's knee! That's awful! I hope he doesn't have to have another surgery on it.

    I had a saline sono before my IVF cycle and it was a piece of cake. No discomfort at all, pretty much like an IUI. I know everyone has a different experience though, just saying that mine was extremely simple and pain free. I hope yours is as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful homecoming! Sorry things are getting delayed and im so sorry abut the Mr.'s knee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She has impeccable timing, doesn't she? But I am GLAD that your system has been reset. That now you can get on with things (even if there is a slight delay).

    The saline sonogram is not bad at all. I had one after my last loss to make sure there was no scar tissue. It doesn't feel much different from a regular u/s (and it's a great way of knowing for sure that all is okay).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you made it back safe- sorry the testing got pushed back, and he's having knee issues.

    I've never had the saline- I had an HSG and a Hysteroscopy instead. Wish I could help, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you're home! Let us know how the saline ultrasound goes - sounds like it shouldn't be too bad. And that seriously sucks about delaying timing of testing. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad that you are home at last and that you had an amazing weekend with Mr. SC and your family. I know how happy that must have made you! I'm sorry about Mr. SC's knee and I hope it's nothing too serious (aka not another surgery). Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flowers and a clean house! Wow, what a nice surprise! :) Glad to hear you had a great weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete