Wednesday, July 7, 2010

An Award! Read About Me and See Who I Nominate. :)


Thank you, Erika, for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!

For this award, here’s what to do:
1. Thank whoever gave you the award.
2. Tell 10 things about yourself that readers may not know.
3. Pay it forward by nominating 7 bloggers you’ve recently discovered.

Oh my...10 things that you may not know about:
1. I'm a HUGE Penn St.ate fan. Please don't call or text me during the football games. We get out plates and cups and I make food that's blue and white. Plus, I paint my toes and nails blue and white, pull my hair back in a blue and white football elastic and, of course, wear blue and white.

2. I was featured in our local newspaper for my PSU enthusiasm. They came to my classroom (which, of course, has an entire blue and white shrine, right down to the blue and white M&Ms) and I got to take part in a photo shoot. Too funny.

3. Although I'm a history teacher, I never watch the Histor.y Channel. When I get to sit down and relax, I don't want to think more. Know what I mean?

4. Our yellow lab, Nittany (no surprise there), is a Doc.k Dog. She competes in events throughout the summer and fall. In her best event, she placed first in her division (of about 35 dogs) and jumped 19' 6"!

5. I love to do genealogy research. A few years ago for Christmas I put together a book for my grandmother that traced her family back to the 1700's (on both sides). In addition to the typical family tree, I included old photographs that I was able to find as well as pictures from cemeteries where her relatives were buried. I've been asked if I would be willing to work in a fee-for-service type situation but haven't yet.

6. I can't really swim. I can navigate in the water and I won't drown, but I wasn't on the swim team, that's for sure!

7. I was a vegetarian for 13 years. I try not to buy products that aren't test on animals, either, but it's fairly difficult to do without spending an arm and a leg.

8. I was married before Mr SC. Gosh, it doesn't even seem like that's real. What a stupid, stupid mistake! I was only 23 and was divorced by the time I was 27 (even though we were separated after being married for a year and a half).

9. I have mild OCD. I can't leave the house without quadruple checking that the coffeepot or my straightener is unplugged. I could go on, but I don't want to seem like a massive weirdo. :)

10. Mr SC and I have been together for 3 1/2 years, but I have yet to sing in front of him. I don't know why. He sings to me all the time but it's just been built up so much I haven't yet. I'm not a bad singer, either!

So, that's a little bit more about me. :)

And my nominees are....
1. Adele at Delinquent Eggs
2. Rebecca at Trying Not to Scream
3. Mai at Salvageable
4. Al at Mission: Motherhood
5. Kristi at Let the IVF Rollercoaster Begin
6. Jo at MoJo Working
7. Betty at I Married Barney...Now What?

12 comments:

  1. These are some great things to learn about you!!! You want to share any pictures of your pup and her Dock Dog jumps? That sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination!

    Very cool about your pup and being a vegetarian. I've thought about being a vegetarian - I think the hubs would be pretty bummed though :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to a college about 30 minutes away from Penn State and volunteered at an event and the children were named Nittany and Lions. I was mostly surprised that they actually put an "s" at the end of his name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You aren't a massive weirdo. I do similar things when I leave the house. I love learning all of these things about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am assuming you went to penn state, so did I!!!! I graduated in '97 which makes me sound very old :). I actually went back there almost two years ago for a 10 yr reunion with about 20 other friends. we had an amzing time :) I felt like I was 21 again, however acting like you are 21 when you are in your 30's is not a great idea I soon found out. I love that your dog is named Nittany.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How interesting! :) I love reading these things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too was veg for years...now I just try to be conscientious...and no red meat. Loved hearing your facts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool list! I'm like you, don't call me on a Saturday during Football season ... I won't answer. The Mr. is the same way. We veg out in front of the TV, watch every SEC game possible (and some non-SEC games during commercials) and eat BBQ that the Mr. makes with our favorite Alabama BBQ sauce. It's our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry -- there's nothing OCD you can confess that's going to make you seem weird to me! Sometimes I think that OCD is a pre-requisite for IF -- so many of us seem to have it! Thanks for the nomination...I will try to get to it soon!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel so special being nominated..And I love hearing about all of your facts..Can't wait to post this at my place!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww...thank you:) And I'm completely OCD. I may have to steal that one and put it in my list. Yes to the appliances (and to light fixtures, faucets and irons).

    (And thank goodness for being able to move on to the really good stuff - like Mr. SC - and past mistakes. We've all made them.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. No meat for 13 years! Yikes! Lol! I once gave up soda for 5 years. That's my limit. ;P

    WE ARE ... (I'll let you finish it...)

    ReplyDelete