About a week ago, I had asked for some advice/your thoughts about taking a leave of absence from work. I really appreciated each and every one of your comments. You gave me a great deal to think about.
I decided against it.
Why? Well, mainly because I don't want to let IF/RPL control my life. Also, I'm not sure how staying home would help me. It would just keep me from dealing with situations that I'd have to deal with in a few months anyway.
What have I decided to do?
A few things. First, I have an appointment with a new doctor this Thursday. I'm going to talk to her about not sleeping, anxiety, my Lexap.ro dose, etc.
Mainly though, I've decided that each week, I'm going to do something for me. Just me. Maybe Mr SC will be involved, maybe not. That's not the point. The point is, I'm going to do things for myself. I'm going to keep the list on my blog of things I'll be doing. This week's is going to the doctor, which I've been putting off for a very, very long time for fear of being perceived as a prescription meds junkie.
Next week I'm finally looking into a new yoga place.
Small steps, I know. They're very big steps for me.
Oh yeah. I'm 7DPO. What I'm feeling either means that AF is on her way OR that I got lucky again this cycle. LOL. That's always how it goes.
I think you've made some very good decisions. I love your idea of doing something just for you each week. That's important - and you're worth it. I look forward to seeing the list on your blog!
ReplyDeleteWishing you well.
Good for you! Take care of yourself! :)
ReplyDeleteWe often neglect ourselves while in the ttc journey. I put myself "on hold" but I should have realized it might have done me wonders emotionally & physically if I didn't. Looking forward to seeing your lists...check out my Goals for 2010 on my blog ( lower right )
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad you're taking care of you! getting yourself healthy emotionally & physically is so much more important than all the other treatments. Looking forward to hearing all the wonderful things you're going to do for yourself!
ReplyDeleteI did the exact same thing after my 3rd m/c last year. I called it 'Project Me' - and I think it was one of the best things I could have done for myself. I didn't get to cross everything off the list but it sure made the journey that much more bearable b/c I was doing things that made me happy.
ReplyDeleteRead back in my October post if you have time!
http://wanttobebabymama.blogspot.com/2009/10/projectme.html
Great decision! And good for you about doing something for yourself. You need to be taken care of!
ReplyDeleteThat is a wonderful decision. I'm excited to read about everything you have planned!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad for you, Kelly. I think your idea to take time for yourself each week is wonderful. You've got me thinking about yoga now for myself!
ReplyDeleteI think you made the right choice. If you were sitting at home you would have more time to think about things and obsess. That is what I did anyways, when I was out of work. I think doing something for yourself more is an awesome idea.
ReplyDeleteI love this! Do one nice thing for yourself each week. That sounds like a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI admire your strength in going to work. Tell yourself each morning what a great job you're doing...
that sounds dorky, but it works for me!
It sounds like a great plan to focus on you and what you need. Best of luck. And I hope you get luck this cycle :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's so important that we don't let IF control us! I love that you are doing something just for you every week!!! Good luck with the yoga =)
ReplyDeleteI also think it's great you are going to spend some time looking after you.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a great plan! Any decision you made would have been a good one and I agree with this one. I wonder if you would have more time to think about things if you were at home. So I think it's good. And doing things for you is great!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you came to a peaceful decision and that you're going to do things for you. That sounds great!! Keep us posted! I want your next one to be a massage :)
ReplyDeleteExcellent plan! I'm so glad you'll be doing things for yourself and hope you get some good smiles and laughs in the process. And, good luck with the rest of the 2ww.
ReplyDeleteI'm here rooting you on. "me time" sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely an excellent plan, Kelly. Can't wait to hear the things you do for yourself!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Don't worry about being a prescription junkie. My Zo.loft has saved my life. I can't wait to see your list.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have made some healthy choices. Making time for yourself is a big part of being proactive on this bumpy road. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm 8dpo right now, and the tww is kicking my a$$. Here's hoping that we both end this cycle with very sticky little beans.
Good for you, Kelly. I'm so happy for you and I love the attitude. Your decision to do something for yourself once a week makes me smile, because I know how much you deserve some "you" time.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you made this decision. I think the hardest thing about infertility is making it fit into our lives without taking over our lives or who we are. The steps you're taking make it sound like you're taking charge, rather than retreating and letting it beat you. Good for you!!
ReplyDeleteYou deserve to take a little more time for yourself! Absolutely!
ReplyDeleteIt is SOOO important to take care of yourself. That sounds like a good plan. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI think the idea of doing something for yourself, each week, is a stellar one. It’s too easy to get lost in the morass of this hell ride. And it’s too easy to beat oneself up when one is already down.
ReplyDeleteI faced a similar decision and came to the same conclusion about leave. I could have done it. It would have been tight financially, and not a good move career-wise. But I had my last miscarriage mere days before the semester started last fall and I thought, “I cannot do this.” But I did. And I think (in retrospect) it was actually better for me than to stay home. Everyone is different, and responds to this differently. But your logic sounds very sane to me.
You gotta do whats best for you, and sounds like you have come up with the perfect plan. I love your idea of keeping a list...I may have to copy you ;)!!!
ReplyDelete