Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dear Fertile Facebo.ok Idiot,

You have two kids already. You wanted another. Ta da! You got pregnant. You aren't having any problems. Goodie for you. Please though, don't be so ignorant as to post this for your status:

"Things I'd like for my bir.thday... surro.gate (I know its a little late for this), live in na.nny, ability to lose all my baby weight the day after labor! If you can send these gifts my way this year. ;0)"


Yours truly,

All of the infertile women out there who would give their right arm to be where you are right now

20 comments:

  1. sound like someone I would instantly HIDE! I hate ultra fertiles who are so oblivious to feelings of others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though pregnancy announcements on facebook are annoying, they have to be dealt (and I made one once, so I can't completely hate those people :). Gushing about the latest baby kick or ultrasound is even more annoying. But complaining about pregnancy on facebook--even in a funny way--is just way over the line. Gr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH I hate it when people post stuff like that. I wouldn't actually DO surrogacy for a variety of personal reasons, but as someone who could actually benefit from it, legitimately, it makes me angry that she could even go there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Fertile Ho,
    I sincerely hope that for your birthday, you get a cross-eyed baby with 6 toes. You know, no major life-threatening defects, just weird and embarrassing ones.

    Love and puppy dog tails,
    The infertiles and habitual aborters who want to brain you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just.No.Comment.

    It's safer that way.

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly the voice of ignorance. (not you Kelly, the FB commenter)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fucking bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate posts like this..So dumb and so oblivious.I had one of these on my FB today too, it was from an ULTRA fertile, who's had 2 children in 2 years, and is now pregnant w/twins. Ugh. Still jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Making a joke about surrogacy??? Dumb ass bitch. Ho bag. Ugh. Seriously this just pisses me off. I'm in a crappy bitter IF mood right now and this just takes the cake. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  10. and here's also my left arm, insensitive fool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. UGH! makes me sick. and jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the use of profanities!!! Woo hoo!!! It feels good to spout it out. What an idiot! I'd defriend that beeeeoooootch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ditto! :) Even though we're adopting, I still get irked at this kinda crap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ouch.

    I didn't "come out" on fb until I was nearly 30 weeks pregnant, and when I did, it was in a note where I shared our story of loss. I guess I didn't want to be seen as a "fertile idiot", like you said. I wanted to be able to add a little sensitivity, and perhaps a glimmer of hope, to those struggling with infertility and loss.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Time to hide her feed, yes? I hate it when people who post things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Youch. Recently, an oversharing friend of mine wrote something about the baby not being tired. Another (single, no children) friend on Facebook wrote that she was feeling particularly tired and would happily give some of her sleepiness to the baby, if it were possible. The oversharing friend wrote back, "Oh no, you'll never know what tired *is* until you have a baby!" Because apparently, 2 people cannot be tired. Only one at a time. And only ones with babies.

    I do not understand people. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oy, things like that drive me crazy! One reason why I only use facebook about twice a year...

    ReplyDelete