Monday, December 27, 2010

So Far, So Good

I've been trying to get caught up on reading posts, but for the most part, what I've read so far sounds like most of you were able to have at least a not-so-bad holiday and many of you are enjoying snow! I'm jealous. We were supposed to get 6-10 inches and ended up getting nothing. :(

My Christm.as Eve was odd. It was the first time I was around SIL's baby (the one I shared an EDD with) for any period of time. It was also odd because I was completely not under any sort of medication or adult beverage influence. I survived and didn't break down, thankfully.

This week I have two appointments (Thursday and Friday) with my new OB. Thursday is the NP and Friday is the doctor. They squeezed me in and moved things up a bit since I have off this week. Call me insane, but I'm really looking forward to it.

I also have a question, related to this pregnancy (so if you want to stop reading...)
I'm 10w 1d today and aside from my stomach feeling icky on and off and feeling tired, I'm doing well. Apparently my bbs are doing well also. My BIL asked us if I was pregnant. We ended up telling him and I asked why he thought I was. He said um, physical changes which he told Mr SC were my bbs being bigger. Some of you may be offended by this, but it's BIL and it's ok.

Anyway, my question is this...the only "food" that I'm having trouble with is water. I used to drink about seven cups a day. Now, water just makes my stomach feel even sloshier and gross. Any suggestions for how to make this more tolerable?

22 comments:

  1. LOL. My BBs are always noticed, from day 1, with this pregnancy thing. I am totally at ease with it at this point.

    As for the water, try juice instead, diluted or not. It's fluids in general that matter, not necessarily just water :) Eat melon - loaded with water! Same with cucumbers and celery. Just a thought for ya :) Good luck with the OB!

    3 more weeks and you hit 2nd trimester!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way I could stomach water was to put a little lemon juice in it. It worked miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try eating some crackers and drinking a little water. Small snacks to keep something on your tummy to combat the sloshi'ness.

    As for the "growing girls"...Ditto, that was the first sign for me as well :) And I'm celebrating the assetts!

    So very happy that you've hit this milestone Kelly. You continue to remain in my prayers.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drank lots of juice. And add lemon to the water, or even apple slices and orange slices. I've seen people add cucumber too. I can't believe how far along you are already! It's going so quick! (okay, for me it's going fast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, that's awesome he said something b/c of your bb's getting bigger! Lol!

    Glad things are going well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL outed by the boobies. I am worried about mine because they don't hurt. I wonder if that's something that some people don't get. Have you tried putting lemon in it? I really enjoy crystal light fitness - it has no artificial flavors or sugars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you survived being around the baby. I narrowly escaped having to be around a couple that was married the same day as us and is now pregnant with their second due a week after me. I don't think I'll ever get over those jealous feelings. All I ever drank was water before, but couldn't stand it the first few months. I drank lots of crystal light and tea, for some reason that made it tolerable to me. And I also ate a lot of crackers (but not much else.) Hopefully you will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you tried water with lemon or soda water? I love me some soda water all the time, but especially when I'm pregnant. I also made non-fun (virgin and sugar-free) mojitos with muddled lime and mint and soda water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Water and I still aren't friends..and I'm almost 32weeks..I've had to stick to lemonade and I only drink water when ABSOLUTELY necessary (which is now due to my recurrent UTI's). Try adding things (like the above ladies said) plus, don't drink it ice cold. Anything ice cold makes your stomach work harder to digest it leading to N&V. Also, hello, 10 weeks!?!?? I am so excited for you!! And I'm glad you made it through being around the baby..I know how hard that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah the water thing...lemon worked miracles for me. Then again I was diabetic so I couldn't get enough water.

    Congrats on your pregnancy. I guess things are looking really good this time around? That's great. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jumping on the Lemon bandwagon. Lime also helped as well.
    I'm glad things are going well :) :)

    FWIW, my boobs never really got huge until the last 3-4 weeks, although they were more taut (if that makes any sense)

    Thanks for the update!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear you are doing good Kelly! I was hoping for a good report from you! I can't seem to get enough liquid, but can't always do water either! I bought a few different crystal light mix-ins today (along with fiber!). Praying for good things at your appointments this week! Hope your new OB is as amazing as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Water finally became tolerable for me again around 18-20 weeks. I had to just supplement with other fluids, but sadly milk and juices aren't recommended because of all the sugar, but you must stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Water is gross. Even the baby knows this. ;p

    Glad things are going well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with your upcoming appts!! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear everything's going so well! Funny about BIL's comment...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, I have beemn gone forever apparently! You are pregnant!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! There is just not enough "!" to go around! I have not had any issues with water. So I am not sure I can help. Do you have any belly pics???

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so, so happy to hear things are cruising right along for you this pregnancy - 10 weeks along is FABULOUS! You are so close to 2nd tri :-)

    I had issues with water for a while too, I found that drinking it after food helped the heartburn.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad things are still going well for you. :) Good luck at this week's appointments. You're almost out of the 1st tri!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad you had a good Christmas! You've almost got the whole 1st trimester done! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have you tried putting lemon slices or lemon juice in your water?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Crystal light flavor packs. But get the natural kind that don't have artificial sweeteners... I think they're called Pure Fitness.

    ReplyDelete