Before I even begin talking about anything else, I have to say thank you times a million for all of your support. I was really scared about blogging about being pregnant. There are just such amazing people in this community and that means so much to me.
Mr SC and I went to therapy together for the first time last night. I've been going myself for over a year and I thought it would be helpful for Mr SC to go, too. My therapist referred us to another therapist and I was a little hesitant. Mr SC doesn't talk much, so, well therapy??
When we started out and she asked us what brings us...I started and Mr SC asked if I minded if he explained. I almost fell over. It went really well and I'm glad. We're going to be going once a month. After that hour, I can honestly say I love Mr SC a little more than I did when we walked through those doors.
So far with #5, so good. My second set of betas just came back and my doubling time is 40 hours. I'm set to have one more check either Saturday or Monday.
I did talk to the doctor today to ask if there was anything else I could be doing. He's checking my progesterone again on Saturday/Monday and he reassured me that it's great for where I am. I asked him if there was anything else that I could be doing and he said no. I know some of you suggested things, but I really feel like at this point, I have to trust him. Of course, I'll ask the different doctor I see the next time I go in, just to be sure. :) They'd like me to have an ultrasound on 12/2. It's a little later than they usually do it but we know that it will best to hold off a bit for my own sanity. Problem with that date is, well, first...I'll only be 6.5 weeks. Second, it's the EDD from the baby we lost in May (#4).
I'm doing well, too. I can't obsess. I can't freak out. What's the point? It's just going to get me all worked up, which won't be helpful to anyone.
So glad that the therapy appointment went so well. And glad to hear the betas are good. Hoping things continue on this sort of zen peaceful path. I think not obsessing is a good thing.
ReplyDeleteI was away when you posted your last post, but I just wanted to acknowledge the hopeful news of this pregnancy. I know that there must be tremendous fear on your part, Kelly, and I want to acknowledge that too. This news is both hope-filled and fear-filled. But at the end of the day, you can't stay pregnant if you aren't pregnant to begin with. So, I feel like this is good news.
ReplyDeleteI am also very, very glad to read that you and Mr. SC have gone to therapy together and that it was a good first appointment. Therapy is completely participatory, and so requires both parties to show up and provide genuine input. It sounds like you are off to a great start and that this could help you both grow together. I'm really glad for you that things are looking up.
Whoa, I totally missed your last post, man, there really is never a dull moment is there? Once you have your mind made up on doing one thing, life throws your a curve ball.
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine the paralyzing fear you're dealing with right now, but I am hopeful that with your doctor's care that this one will work out. Will be thinking of and praying for you and your little one.
Thanks for the update, glad to hear (tho, not surprised) that you've received lots of love via comments.
ReplyDeleteSending you hugs!
I think it's awesome that you guys are going to therapy together, especially during this very stressful time. I'm over the moon to hear that things are going well so far!! Lots of love & hugs your way, hang in there, you're doing great! :)
ReplyDeleteWOW! Mr SC actually spoke at a therapy appointment - that's great! And glad to hear the update on your betas; may they continue to rise and a heartbeat not be far away.
ReplyDeleteNice! Keeping you in my prayers! :)
ReplyDeleteJust go with the flow. You can't change the future hon and what will be will be.
ReplyDeleteFor the record, maybe, just maybe, this will be the one to stick....just putting it out there!
xxx
I missed your last post...and I have to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm praying that your little baby has strapped themselves in there for the next eight months!!!
ReplyDeleteWe will be here for you during this exciting/scary time. This really is wonderful.
I'm so proud of Mr. SC and I agree w/the other ladies..I think therapy, esp. right now, can only help..
ReplyDeleteYay for good betas!! You know how pumped I am for you. And for your own sanity, I would make the u/s not on your loss date..That would just be too much, at least for me..Keep us updated!!
Kelly,
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in my daily prayers and sending you lots of hugs. I agree, therapy is a very good thing and your husband going is wonderful. It shows how dedicated he is to you...what love.
Many HUGS and MANY, MANY PRAYERS
xxx
I'm starting to get a little bit excited for you, though I know how tempered you need it to stay right now. I have another friend with a big scan on 12/2, so I will be sending positive thoughts to ultrasound machines everywhere on that day.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you guys had such a good experience at therapy, thats wonderful & is awesome you're going to continue! Continuing to send positive thoughts, prayers, everything I can to you and hoping things continue smoothly!
ReplyDeleteGood luck Kelly. I hope you can find some peace and relaxation to get you through these first few weeks.
ReplyDeleteGood news about the betas. I know we will all be anxiously awaiting more updates on this miracle and praying for you.
ReplyDeletei can't help but have hope for you, although i understand the need to temper expectations and wild hallucinations of pics of little babies plastered over your fb and blog in a few months. sending prayers up for you!
ReplyDeleteGood news all around:))))) Glad the hubs went with you...it will def help you both currently and in future....Im so happy Beta's and Progesterone are both going in the direction they should be....Take Care!!!!
ReplyDeleteso glad things went so well at therapy and hoping things continue on the up and up for a major sticky bean!
ReplyDeleteHow amazing is it that the Mr. was the one to lead the conversation at therapy - I'm so impressed! This is wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm very happy that everything is looking good for the pregnancy. We'll be holding your hand throughout this process...
I'm so glad that your husband was able to open up. I'm sure it will be the beginning of even better things to come.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things are progressing well with your pregnancy. I know you are not getting your hopes up and to be honest, I don't blame you one bit. I'm hoping with everything I have that this one sticks around for you.
just found your blog. it's awesome that the therapy went so well! DH and I have been from time to time, and we're always so glad we went. I'm so sorry for all you've been through, I wish you could enjoy this pregnancy more! Hopefully the farther along you get, the easier it will get for you! Sending lots of good sticky vibes your way!
ReplyDeleteI just want you to know that I'm thinking of you, and I'm here. <3
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear that you are both on the same page with wanting to get the most out of therapy!
ReplyDeleteCautiously optimistic!
Praying for the best possible outcome and I'm so glad to hear all is going well so far. xx
ReplyDeletefingers are toes are crossed for you, Glad things sound good thus far
ReplyDeletetake care
I'm catching up on posts and (therefore) chiming in belatedly. I think it's WONDERFUL that Mr. SC is going to therapy, and wonderful that he was able to talk about things, and even volunteered to do so.
ReplyDelete