- skanky, immoral students getting pregnant. Two girls in the school where I teach, same father. The baby daddy is the biggest stoner on the planet. PLUS, the one baby mama already has a baby taken from her for neglect. From a different baby daddy.
- TV shows involving oops babies and pregnancy storylines
- commercials involved babies and "the proudest moments"
- freaking picture frames like, "Nothing like a Grandma's Love"
- Paternity tests. Are you KIDDING ME that you would sleep with enough men in that time frame that you don't know who the father is? I have always valued my lady parts and who sees them, thank you very much!
- IF weight gain. 'Nuf said.
- the heat in my classroom that doesn't have air conditioning
- "perfect" women on FB, with perfect 1st birthday parties and the most perfect, gorgeous children EVER
- stupid comments from pregnant women. One of my colleagues is pregnant with her third. She has two boys and just found out she is having a girl. She says, "yep, DH can make little girls!" Wow, what do I do? Kill my babies? Well actually, yes I do.
- Feeling this way
- Not having any motivation or desire to cook at all in this heat
- Mr SC not knowing how to do ANYTHING on the computer. I teach kids all day. I don't want to come home and teach you how to do something simple that you should be able to do yourself!
Hmmmm....perhaps this is all a good sign that AF is on her way? I'm really not a mean person but boy do I feel like one today!
Ahhh, hormones. They sure can wreck a perfectly good day...
ReplyDeletei have felt many of those things myself. just keep writing to get the frustrations out, and keep breathing.
ReplyDeleteYou don't sound mean at all Kelly, you just sound exasperated and angry. Very different. I'm glad you trust us enough to vent in our company. We get it.
ReplyDeleteI hope that with AF, comes a greater sense of calm. I'm keeping you in my thoughts, lovely woman.
Ugh, I'm so sorry! Those girls at your school sound like real pieces of work. Hope you feel better soon. But vent away if you need to!!
ReplyDeleteWhores and sluts running around high school campuses. Nice. Not that you want to hear this really, but I once worked with a guy who had two girls pregnant at the same time when he was in high school. And those girls (his kids) are in their twenties now. So, this has been going on for a looooong time. Not that it makes it hurt less. At the time I found out about this, I didn't know I was infertile yet, so I thought it was hilarious. Well, from my point of view anyhow. Not from their's, of course. Now I know better. Grrr.
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling that there!! I don't understand how so many screwed up people can get pregnant then there's people like us suffering, having IF and pregnancy loss. Sorry you're feeling hormonal. I think we all sympathize for you there!
ReplyDeleteLMAO!!!! Could not agree more!!
ReplyDeleteAgreed!!! I'm so tired of seeing irresponsible pregnant people...it's so frustratingly unfair!!!
ReplyDeleteYou said it! I'm so sick of seeing promos for Teen Mom and Sixteen and pregnant! And of perfect mothers on FB. And what may be worst of all stupid pregnant comments!
ReplyDeleteHere here sister!!!!! I am sick and tired of this shit too....especially the IF weight gain....and the pregnant teenagers....and pregnant co-workers!
ReplyDelete*hugs* I'm sorry for all your frustrations. It is so not fair that people who don't deserve to get pregnant do all the time when we can't.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry your feeling this way. Its sucksss! And it's hard to make it better.
ReplyDeleteThe teens getting pregnant has got to be so so hard.
and those "perfect" bitches on facebook? They just look, act & seem perfect but trust me.. they are not even close and as the years go on that will become more evident. (at least that's what I tell myself)
*big hugs*
Wow. Where do you teach? The Jerry Springer School? Holy crow! Maybe sex education should be ramped up a bit at that place! OMG, I too sooooo hate perfect fb women with their gorgeous kids posted all over their profiles! Ah, we would have had a great tea together - next time for sure. And by the way, I just discovered an awesome easy hot summer night meal - tuna melts with tomato salad! Toast with tuna and havarti on top broiled and served with chopped tomatoes with oil and balsamic!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Maddy
I put a check next to each of those - you are right I'm sick of those too!
ReplyDeleteYou're so not mean. And if you are, then I am right there with you. It's a lot to take all at once (or, for that matter, even spread out).
ReplyDeleteSometimes, I just have moments where I can't believe this crap happens. Just statistically speaking. When I come across one more person with a whoopsie pregnancy or whose ability to churn out kids is the exact inverse of the amount they take care of them.
Anyway, none of which is particularly helpful right now. Just know you're not alone.
The perfect ladies and their perfect babies are the worst. I want to do awful, awful things to them. I want fate or God or whoever up there is listening to do awful things-- make their husband's leave them, or lose their jobs, or have no friends left and get really, really fat (fatter than the IF 10).
ReplyDeleteI scare myself when I get like this :(
well said, vent it all out sister!
ReplyDeleteGirl, let it all out! I feel your pain with no air conditioning in the classroom. Mine doesn't have any either. Cranky & hot teacher = cranky students!
ReplyDeleteTake some time this Labor Day weekend to treat yourself to something fun.
I have been having one of those weeks and AF came with a vengence for me. I think you make some valid points. I am so sorry you have to deal with this with your students at work, that must be so tough.
ReplyDeleteBlech! I agree on all points. It sucks.
ReplyDelete(((HUGS))))
ReplyDeleteI agree wholeheartedly with everything!
I have similar feelings all the time.
ReplyDeleteHormones are no fun! and your list is just wow:( I am sorry you have to deal with all these:(
ReplyDeleteIt's time for good things to come!
(((HUGS)))
HEAR HEAR! You don't sound mean - vent away :)
ReplyDeleteI agree!!! I just found out that one of my former students just had a baby...at 17. She doesn't know the father and she doesn't have a job. Uggh.
ReplyDeleteAmen, sister!! No one can blame you for griping about all of that stuff. We all feel it and we all need our outlets. It's not mean, it's reality. And good for you for pointing it ou.
ReplyDeleteseriously? 2 pregnant students from the same stoner dude? life is really not fair. AT ALL. and it sucks donkey balls that you have to deal with this crap everyday.
ReplyDeletei'm so sorry, kelly. all your vents are totally legit - i just wish i could do something to take them away or make you feel better...
thinking of you.
Oh yuck. That stoner dude needs to wrap it up. Literally. That's just so irresponsible and infuriating!
ReplyDeleteAnd don't believe for a second those "perfect" FB women are actually perfect. I know someone who portrays her life with two young children as completely perfect and if you didn't know her in real life, you would believe the photos and nauseating status updates. The truth is that her marriage is falling apart, her son was just diagnosed as autistic and ADHD, and her family is sinking in debt.
I'm sick of all of those things, too. The stoner dude takes the cake, though! One of my buddies here at work is a huge stoner, and he's fathered three kids. That's the type of shit that drives me crazy. So a guy who smokes loads of pot can have babies, and I can't? (Oh yeah, and his wife is nuts, too. Like, completely bat-shit crazy.)
ReplyDeleteSending you hugs. You aren't alone. I promise!
I am with you on pretty much everything on that list- it drives me mad some days! Ungh.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! I know these things are so tough to stomach, but remember that you're strong!
ReplyDelete