I have to vent about something. I knew that everyone here would get it. It's going to sound very high school with a twist of Jerry Sprin.ger, but that's ok.
So, I have a dear friend, Pete. Pete and I have been friends for years but when I moved three years ago, we grew apart a bit. Pete's a great guy. One thing though that he's always been adamant about is that he doesn't want kids.
Pete's married to an idiot. Her name is Sally. Sally never liked that Pete and I were friends and I actually got uninvited to their wedding because they "cut the guest list". Anyway, apparently shortly after they got married, Sally brought up having kids. Pete was very WTF...she had known all along that he didn't want kids. They got a dog instead.
Sally started cheating on Pete. Pete found out. He never wanted to leave her and never even considered it. Why? Because Sally's his wife! Anyway, Sally broke of the affair (well, supposedly) and OOPS! During their first make-up sex session, she gets pregnant. (That's how the story goes, anyway). Now Sally is pregnant, with TWINS!
Pete just wrote this on my wall...I deleted it:
"Oh, by the way, Sally is pregnant. WITH TWINS! Weren't tryin' and now havin' two. Life...is...over!"
I deleted the comment and sent him this message. I realize it may sound bitchy or whatever (he doesn't know any of my miscarriage stuff) but I'm ok with that.
Pete,
Congratulations! How am I? I've recovering from my fourth miscarriage since March of 2009.
UGH!!!!!!
It was ironic that this happened today. Katie wrote a post about this very topic, asking for people to comment about the stupid shit that people have said.
Omg, seriously? WTF. How insensitive can you get? Even if he doesn't now what's going on, i just don't understand how people can say those sorts of things. I'm so glad you sent that reply!!
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe people actaully have those thoughts let alone say (or type) them. Good for you saying something back! I wish I had the balls sometimes!
ReplyDeleteUgh is right. You could have added to the bottom of your facebook message:
ReplyDelete... "so if you don't want 'em, I'll take 'em."
I do not get people!!! I really do not!! How could anyone say that? Double Ugh!
ReplyDeleteI am SO proud of you for standing up for yourself and saying something back to him. GOOD FOR YOU! He deserves to feel terrible (and he also deserves a good, swift kick in the balls).
ReplyDeleteThat is f*d up. I bet that girl got herself pregnant by that other dude, she totally did. What a bitch, and a marriage meant to last, where she lied to her husband about children. I don't get it. And of course these people are super fertile.
ReplyDeleteOMG!!! I'm glad you wrote what you wrote. UGH!!! I hate the world right now!!! Life is SO not f'ing fair!
ReplyDeleteOh good lord. That is so unfair. I'm sorry. I like your response.
ReplyDeleteUnbelievable. Sorry with what you have to put up with. Curious how he'll answer you... Gheesh!
ReplyDeleteI just love your response! I just don't get how people that neither need nor want kids can have them and others that would move heaven and earth to have them can't. Its so very unfair. Maybe its just me but it seems as though I hear things that makes me ponder this daily! Grrrr
ReplyDeletecrappy, crappy, crappy! Sorry!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds Sally got company on your list of idiots. WTF?
ReplyDeleteI am sorry:(
I'm sorry. Love your response -- I wish I had those kind of balls!
ReplyDeletePuke. It's so unfair.
ReplyDeleteInsane... and so very unfair. I'm curious to hear his response.. do you think he will respond?
ReplyDeleteWhat a crappy thing to post on FB or send at all. I'm also curious to hear his response. So frustrating.
ReplyDeleteOh sweetie! I am SO sorry. I know your stomach just dropped when you read it. I avoid Facebook right now. Even when I think not one single more person can announce they're pregnant, 4 more do. I've been considering a "IF friends, hide me now" post that I may put up before I make any FB announcements (if I ever get to make any FB announcements). Let's face it, we all KNOW she got pregnant on purpose, it wasn't an accident!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a slap in the face. I'm so glad you said something back!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your response! Good for you for saying that! Ugh! And, ummm, paternity test, please ??? Lol!
ReplyDeleteI think your response is genius. Really. Stick THAT up your wazoo, Pete and stoopid Sally.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, sometimes you have to wonder at the chaos in the world, the absolute lack of logic and reason behind things. And now is one of those moments. I swear - I've boycotted facebook for the past 6 months. A story like this makes me think I should close that account down for good.
That is nuts! Some people...
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you said something back.
Since Pete and Sallie are not "kid people", maybe they'd like to let me adopt those precious little babies???
ReplyDeleteUghhhh! Love your reply...talk about getting under my skin! It's always the "we weren't even tryin'" set that get rewarded. Damn!
Hugs and I will give you this one, as I don't see it as petty at all. FYI: I think you need to let your friend know just how fortunate he is and that if he wants to know what its like for "Life to Be Over" he should surf your followers!
More hugs, as I'm ticked off for you
Now that is just annoying and it sounds like Sally blows (literally). I'm proud of your for your response, although I am curious to see what he says next?
ReplyDeleteWow- how frustrating. I think your response was great, I probably would have done that too. I might have wrote worse in the heat of the moment...
ReplyDeleteSorry you had to deal with that :( (*hugs*)