Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm so glad I love my job.

After I made this leap this week and went back to work, I began to feel better. That doesn't mean that I don't sob on the way home in the car every day or that I'm not sad, but I'm so grateful to have a job that engages me and energizes me (even without the anti-anxiety drugs my doc gave me!)

I'm a high school teacher (9th and 12th graders, specifically). Sure, sometimes the kids can be rude, lazy, and whatever else those adolescent stereotypes are. At the end of the day though, I love their energy. I love to teach them things and I enjoy the challenge of engaging them on a daily basis. I know that I teach them things every day, but my students really have no idea how much they teach me and how much they bring to my life.

I will reread this post when I'm grumbling about grading their projects later on this weekend. :)

3 comments:

  1. I bet they enjoy you as much as you enjoy them, Kelly! Good luck grading those projects this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know,I love my job too and despite the low moments, teaching is a great way to stay young!
    Much love, Fran

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading posts like this! It's not often that people really love what they do these days :)

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete