Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Most Beautiful Sound I've Ever Heard

was my baby's heartbeat this morning!!!!!!! I wasn't supposed to go in until next Thursday. We were concerned that at 6.5 weeks, it could cause too much concern. This morning though, I just had to go in. I've been fine. This morning though I just kept thinking about how could I make the choice to not know? I was already dressed for school, had mismatched socks on under my boots (lovely for my u/s) and haven't shaved my legs in forever. My RE laughed at me when she patted my leg and told me she had the heartbeat already and I apologized profusely for my fur.

My little nitta.ny lio.n is measuring right on target (a first at this stage for me) and has a heartbeat of 130BPM! :)

58 comments:

  1. YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!!!!

    I cannot put into words how amazingly happy and excited I am for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I'm so thrilled for you - you really deserve this after everything you've been through...

    Woo hooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! I am so relieved for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news Kelly!! What a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful and I am so excited for you that I am grinning from ear to ear! I squealed when I read this!!!! I have been thinking about you so much, and my internet has been down for 2 weeks, so I am only able to access the internet from my phone. I couldn't access your blog from my phone because blogger only shows me a few blogs at a time, so I tried to look you up on goo.gle, but your blog isn't listed. Anyway, I am back up and running again with the internet, and I am so thrilled for you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news!! Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrat! Keep growing, little one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo-hoo...thank you so much for sharing such happy news, I've got a huge grin on my face just thinking about that amazing moment you experienced! So happy for you...hoping things continue to move forward smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! That's wonderful news and I hope that things continue to go this way :)
    I can't even imagine how relieved and happy you must feel right now! But if you're still scared that's ok and normal too :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you!!! Wow! Yay! (Virtual twirls and handstands of excitement!)

    I only hope I can join you soon . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so wonderful! Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SSSSSOOOOOOOOO awesome, Kelly!!!!! An incredible hurdle to pass!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah wow. i heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time ever today too, and it was amazing :) i'm glad you got to do so too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so so happy for you! I have a really, really good feeling about this pregnancy, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness - I'm so incredibly happy for you!!! This is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly,

    I prayed for you today :) If it wern't for HOPE and FAITH I would not be where I am today.

    Continued prayers and SO VERY happy for this good news. And yes, hearing the heartbeat for the first time is absolutley amazing! I didn't hear the little pumpkins until 13 weeks and it was blissful :)

    xxx
    ps your sock and fury leg story made me smile...who cares right?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so fucking happy for you!!! Yeahhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have tears of happiness in my eyes for you right now. This is great news. I love the mis-matched socks! Good for you for going in and putting your mind at ease. I hope things continue to go this great! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kelly, this is WONDERFUL NEWS. Make it out of these woods. Please, please make it out. If you make it out there's hope for those of us behind you. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great News!!!! Im so happy and excited for you and your hubby:) One more brick off the wall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such wonderful news! I'm a Penn State alum, too (so is my husband), so I've been following you for awhile. I'm about to embark on IVF #1 in January and hope to soon see a little Nittany Lion of my own one day. Sending you lots of prayers for a very, very sticky little baby :). xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. So happy for you!!! It is such a beautiful sound! My dh made a video of it during one if our dr visits early on so I could keep listening to it. When is your next appt? Can not wait to hear more....

    ReplyDelete
  23. OOOOHHH!!!! How fantastic! A heartbeat adn perfect measurements - yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  24. yay how reassuring!! /sending you lots of sticky vibes and hoping the next 6 weeks just fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  25. 130 bpm - an overachiever already! I'm soooooo ecstatic for you! What a beautiful sound a sight.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful news! And I thought I was the only one that went in for those things in a disgraceful state with profuse apologies...makes me happy to know I am not alone in this! Who the hell cares, right? You have a healthy heartbeat! Congrats!x

    ReplyDelete
  27. And so I sit at my computer just crying happy, ecstatic tears for you!! Oh my!! Already an overachiever..Kelly, I am so far beyond happy for you..I just can't think of any other words..Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay, this is awsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. yea, congrats!! I hope to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is my favorite post ever!
    I love ya girl!
    ... Nittany Lion. That's a fantastic nick name for a growing, bean.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yahoo!!! What a milestone for you! And that is a fantastic heartbeat for this stage. This little Lion is going to be your miracle! I KNOW it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  32. woo hoo!!!!!!! I'm beyond excited for you!!!! keeping positive thoughts coming your way & hoping this is really it for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Amazing amazing day. So happy for you! And praying for your healthy little one.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am so thrilled to read this news! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So great! I'll continue to pray that everything goes well for you! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. SQUEE!!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  37. YAAAYYYYY!!!!!! So happy for you!!! May things continue going well!

    ReplyDelete
  38. AMAZING news! I'm so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. YAY!!! Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hurrah!

    Happy Happy Dance...am sending you tons of blessings and good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats! How amazing. That is totally what I'm asking for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  42. How in the world did I miss this post???!!!

    Oh, Kelly, my heart just skipped a beat. I'm so so happy for you. This made my day!

    love,
    ebe

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just got goosebumps all over! I am so excited and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  44. AMAZING news!!! In my experience - this definitely means good things from this point on :) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Just checking in to see how things are going. I hope everything is still on track.

    ReplyDelete
  46. TeeJay, yes. All is still good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Yay, this is wonderful news!

    PS: my verification word is "defur" ;)

    ReplyDelete