Monday, April 26, 2010

Tonight, I Will Dance with my Husband.

This was the one thing I was looking forward to the most this weekend, as selfish as it may sound. I couldn't wait to dance with Mr SC. As odd as this will sound, there weren't any slow songs played at the wedding while we were there this weekend. I was beyond disappointed.

Mr SC and I have been together a little over three years. We got married in a small ceremony, had a dinner for our guests and left for our honeymoon. We had a party a month later but it wasn't with a DJ, dancing, etc. This was the first wedding we've been to since we've been together, so the opportunity never really presented itself.

I'll know if my little bean still has a strong heartbeat in 2 1/2 days. Until then, I'm doing everything I can do go about life as normal, as bizarre as that may sound. I went grocery shopping today and I'm making something new for dinner.

And then, as cheesy as this may sound, I'll put on music for us and at some point, I'll get to dance with my husband. We'll both be in sweats in our living room with one of our dogs barking (she always does when we hug each other) but we'll get to have that moment. Somehow, even in the middle of all this pain and what we've endured, his arms are still what make me feel safe. I'm so thankful to have him and our marriage. It's not perfect, but we're committed to not letting all this rip us apart. So, in the midst of all of this, I'm making a happy memory.

23 comments:

  1. I love that idea. It really is those little moments that keep reminding us of the really important stuff. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I hope you have the best dance of your life tonight! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I think that's totally normal...and not cheesy at all. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me crying over here. xo

    PS: This post made me think of that Lee Ann Womack song, "I Hope You Dance."

    ReplyDelete
  5. blubbering here too...

    good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post- and such a sweet gesture. Enjoy your dance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could cry reading your post. I miss dancing with my DH, too. Good for you for finding time to make it happen. Enjoy your evening of a new recipe and some slow dancing. You deserve a nice night with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you have your husband and that the two of you can be there for each other during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet way to make a memory. We have to find the positives, wherever they are.

    (And btw- My dog would not like the dancing either. Hugging is hard enough!)

    Enjoy your night...

    PS- You are NOT cheesy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sweet Kelly - enjoy your dance and that moment with your hubby. They have a way of making us feel safe when everything around us is upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds wonderful! I love that you're taking the time to make a very special moment for you and your husband!!!

    Thinking of you this week...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. It made my heart swell. How sweet and tender.

    I hope you make a wonderful memory tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely post. IF brings hard times to any couple, no matter how strong. But I think that if you're able to find your bearings, together, it makes such a difference to heart and head. Here's hoping that you get your slow dance (with doggie accompaniment). And that in 2 1/2 days you get some very, very good news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. Thinking of the two of you dancing makes me smile. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you have your hubby. I loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly,

    Makes me think of the song "I HOPE you Dance", by Lee Anne Womack, beautiful song. I always think of this song in relation to my struggles. So, I hope you and Mr. SC dance...dance your socks off!

    I applaud your efforts in keeping busy and making things as normal as possible. I'm praying for you and your little bean.

    Continuing to Lift you in Prayer,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  17. I completely love that you're doing that, & sometimes I think we all forget what brought us to this point in the first place, & how lucky we are to have such wonderful DH's. Am praying as hard as I can that you get great news this week, & will be thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awe, that is so sweet & a wonderful plan! Hope you have a fantastic dinner & dance together:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thinking of you tonight as you enjoy your "First Dance"

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH! That is so sweet. I love to dance and even more so with my DH, so I know how you feel. I don't think it's cheesy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so beautiful. Hope these next few days fly past for you. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love to read about the love you and Mr. SC have!! It really is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete