Yesterday I spent too much time with Dr. Goog.le and a calendar, trying to figure out if this is even possible. My RE told me if my dates are off, then it is. It would seem far-fetched and there are too many "ifs" for my liking, but I've come to the conclusion that it could be possible (a +OPK but I didn't O until later and a super, super early HPT). Not very likely at all (I think my odds are better to win the lottery), but still within the realm of possibilities.
So for now, I am pregnant. For now, I have hope.
As twisted as this may sound, I'm glad I didn't see the heartbeat. Seeing that flicker on the screen in October was too much for me. Knowing that I had a heart inside of me that stopped beating was all the more difficult to grasp with that image seared in my memory.
I've decided to still stay home from work. My principal has been so understanding and generous. There's a good sub in and I although I could have gone in Mon-Wed, my mind is such mush right now that I wouldn't want to call off if I was having problems. I'm also able to go into my RE any day if I start spotting again.
I'm trying to let it go, at least for this weekend. My aunt is getting married. This may not sound like anything extraordinary, but for her, it is. She and I used to be extremely close but after battling drug addiction for many years, she lost everything...her home, her pets and even her children. She has been sober for ten years now and is now working as a counselor for a rehab facility. I am so proud of her and am so happy for her. She's 54 years old and has said that she finally has her happy ending. I'm leaving all of my shit behind for the weekend and celebrating her.
Kelly, I like your attitude today, and I was thinking about this last night. Your dates could have been very well been off, or you could have ovulated twice, it's not unheard of! So the possibilites are endless here and while it's frightening having hope, there's also no reason not to!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Aunts wedding, she is yet another example of happy endings.
Congratulations to your Aunt! That is something special and definitely worth being excited about.
ReplyDeleteI read your previous posts and I have to say that I'm amazed at your strength right now. I'm hoping that the OPKs were off and that you ovulated late, but the fact that there's a heartbeat says that there's hope! Don't give up!
ICLW
Good for your Aunt and good for you to go celebrate something so meaningful for her. I work with Addicts, and when they pull it all together, it's a beautiful thing.
ReplyDeleteI am glad to know this is entirely possible and hope this week brings some answers to the "ifs." I am glad you are staying home.
You are amazing, Kelly. Your attitude and strength are so incredible. I am very proud of you! There is no reason NOT to have hope. No reason at all. And I think you are smart to stay home. You deserve this time off after all of the "loops" in this crazy roller coaster.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful time at the wedding this weekend, and congratulations to your aunt. She has accomplished amazing things and I wish her nothing but the best for the future.
xo
I am still pretty gobsmacked at what has been going on with your pregnancy too. I guess what it all comes down to is who cares how it happened as long as it sticks around. :) I have been thinking about and praying for you continually.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you have something to take your mind off things for a while, and your determination to focus on your aunt's wedding will make it so.
Have a wonderful weekend!
*hugs*
I hope you have a good weekend. And I hope that you manage to stick hold of your hope!
ReplyDeleteGood luck
(ICLW)
As always, you are just incredibly strong, Kelly, and I'm thinking every positive thought I can for you. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteOmigosh, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling after all of this, what a frickin roller coaster. Really, your strength is inspiring. And just take it day by day, today you are pregnant...so take care of yourself and have fun this weekend!! Sending tons of positive vibes your way!
ReplyDeleteI'm very impressed with your view of things. Taking it one day at a time is a very sane way of dealing with anything, especially what you are going through right now. Good for your aunt finding health and happiness. She is still young enough to enjoy life and that's a blessing. Enjoy the wedding.
ReplyDeleteHere from Stirrup Queen's roundup - had to read more than just the post she suggested. I have no words that can help you, but wanted to know that I'm sending you as many good thoughts as I can muster up.
ReplyDeletexxx
I'm so glad that you are staying hopeful and that you have something to keep your mind occupied this weekend. Congrats to your aunt!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
You're doing amazing, girl. Hope the wedding this weekend is fun and a great distraction.
ReplyDeleteHoping with you that things still work out for you.
Kelly, my heart is in my throat reading about this. I am praying so, so hard for you and that little bean. Miracles DO happen, and I truly hope this is yours!
ReplyDeleteGood on you: I think concentrating on the good things this weekend is a good plan (but none of us will blame you one bit if in a moment of frustration you break something!!). And I think you have the right attitude. For now you are pregnant. Period. One day at a time. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteAwe, yay for your Aunt!!! So happy for her!
ReplyDeleteYou sound good, and I hope you have a good weekend. Also I'm glad you're principal is so understanding and you can take off. That's really good. I'm still hoping and praying for everything for you. =)
I hope you guys have a wonderful time celebrating with your aunt!
ReplyDeleteI'm still hoping & praying for you guys!!
Good for you for taking time for yourself & the baby right now. Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating with your aunt this weekend:)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your sweet comment... I really appreciate it and especially during such a difficult time for you.
ReplyDeleteI hope this weekend is good. Praying for you.
Yay - have a great time at the wedding!
ReplyDeleteand thanks for your advice on my self-injection - the ice was really key and I don't know why I hadn't thought of that before so a HUGE, HUGE thank you!! :)
I'm glad you have something to take your mind off of everything this weekend. Enjoy the wedding and your family time.
ReplyDeleteIt's all crossed for you...remember your always number one even when times you don't feel like it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the wedding I hope it's what you need.
xoxo
~ICLW~
Oh my god. What an ordeal. I just don't even know what to say or where to begin. I'm just thinking about you Kelly. Thinking about you alot and hoping beyond all levels of hope that this works out.
ReplyDeleteWhoa!
ReplyDeleteI just read through past few posts...what you are on is a complete wringer!!!
I hope it swings in the positive direction. I also wish your aunt a very happy married life.
Take Care!
Just read a few posts and I hope this pregnancy works out for you. Thats awesome your aunt has come back from being so down. It really is amazing how resilient people can be. I wish both of you the best of luck and lots of sticky dust.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW! (#70)
Wow, what an apropos name for your post. I do hope that you have a happy ending. What a mind-fuck. (hope you don't mind the swears, I saw some in your last post so I figured). I am tentatively excited for you and will be following from now on.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your aunt. Such an uplifting story. Hope the wedding is fun :)
You are amazing, Kelly. I'm so glad you are able to take time off and deal with this in your own way. Stay strong. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you (but NOT my legs. That would be going too far ;) )
ReplyDeleteIt's possible that your body geared up to ovulate causing you to get a positive OPK, but then didn't ovulate. Which would then trigger your body to try ovulating again in a day or two. Then you could have implanted late. It's very possible for your dates to be a week or so off.
ReplyDeleteI really hope this is a viable pregnancy for you.
Happy ICLW!
I have you in my thoughts!
ReplyDeleteICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/