Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Good and the Bad

The Bad:

1. It's fucking hot. There's my profanity, right there in the beginning. There's something wrong with it being 87 degrees in central PA at 6pm in early April.
2. That it's only Tuesday.

The Good (I think):
1. I'm 5w6d today. I'm so close to clearing this previously horrible week five for me. No spotting and no problems.
2. I have my u/s on Thursday morning. I'm getting sick to my stomach just typing that. I am beyond scared. I'm worried that at 6w1d, it will be too early to detect a heartbeat, which will send me into limbo land. You know...RE will say it's too early and then in a week at the follow-up I'll find out it was never meant to be.

If this doesn't work out, I don't know where that leaves us. In theory, the clotting disorder is supposed to be remedied by my injections. Also, my scar tissue is gone, so that shouldn't cause a problem anymore. If I m/c, then what?

20 comments:

  1. It was freakishly hot here today too. Not fun for April.

    I am praying that your u/s goes well on Thursday and you get to see a strong heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the answers you are looking for! Right now, just focus on the good. You cannot change anything right now so try and stay positive...I know.. shut the f up! Seriously though, I am praying that this finally is it for you!! I pray pray pray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea it's hot here too! Hot as a mofo. I hope your u/s Thursday is wonderful and you get to see the h/b. I really hope this is IT for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hellishly hot here too! 90 freakin' degrees outside! WTF!

    I saw a Baby Story the other day that reminded me so much of you. This women lost 3 babies because of a clotting disorder. Then her RE had her give herself a shot every day. At the end of the Baby Story she had a beautiful baby girl! I hope your baby story ends the same way. I'll be thinking about you on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was out of the ordinary hot here too..84..It's still 80 at almost 8pm. Ugh. Also, gah to the post-RPL brain. I've been there..if you want to chat..Your advice back to me..one day at a time..I really, really feel like this was meant to be..Praying, and crossing everything for wonderful news Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I knew you were doing injections! Lovenox, I'm assuming? I swear, I'm the only blogger I know doing them -- it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

    Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly - this is great news so far! More prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way that all goes well at your ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh kelly! I am thinking such good thoughts for you. I know how scary it is....I am terrified for the day I go back for a 6 or 7 week u/s (but i also want to get to that point so much). Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing the very best for your upcoming ultrasound. I can imagine that you are nervous and hoping the ultrasound will give you much relief and confidence in this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waiting for that 1st ultrasound was, I won't lie, like watching oil dry. Time ticked by so slowly but when the day got here it was like I didn't want to go in for fear of what they would or would not see. The best advice I got was just to take a deep breath (like, right now) and just say "today I am pregnant". Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I pray that Thursday gets here quickly for you, and that you will receive very good news! It is SO hard to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you absolutely wonderful news tomorrow.

    Stay cool! We were roasting earlier but today the temp is dropping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a US on Thursday too! & Im hoping to hear a heart beat as well, last week they said it was to early, & it was awful to handle! I will be thinking about you during mine, & wishing you the best of luck! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's hotter up there than it is down here. That's crazy! As for Thursday, I know you are scared and anxious, and I know there is nothing any of us can say to take that feeling away. But I will tell you that I have a good feeling about this. You are always in my thoughts and I'm praying and hoping that you hear a beautiful little heartbeat tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel you on the heat thing! Keeping all my crossables crossed for a nice, reassuring u/s for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best of luck with your ultrasound tomorrow! I have such high hopes that this is IT for you, Kelly! Thinking of you and your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in your neck of the woods so I can vouch for the fact that it's hot as hell here! I think the heat is supposed to break later this week, though, which will be nice!

    I'm thinking nothing but good thoughts about your u/s tomorrow. I have a feeling it's going to go well. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gooc luck tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 87? that IS crazy....it hasn't even been that hot down here in the normally-hot-as-hell-south!

    I'll be praying that your u/s goes fantastically well tomorrow! :-)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete