Pg post...
I was going to wait to post until I had the full results from my 3 hour glucose test, but I'm not sure when that will be.
First, the u/s went well on Thursday. Our little girl is still a girl :) Everything looks good internally, the placenta and my cervix are still great. All looked good.
She's certainly a big baby, though! I was 27.5 weeks at the u/s. Every inch of her (bones, head, organs, etc) was measuring just over 30 weeks. She's also almost 3 1/2 pounds already!! I talked to the MFM doc who said that all looked great and that no, this doesn't necessarily mean I have GD. I'll talk about more specifics with my OB next week.
Off to the glucose test...
Fasting was difficult. The first part of the test is that they draw your blood, after fasting, right away (and after eating a half decent amount of carbs in the days leading up to the test). I passed that (which made me feel better). Then the sugary stuff and more blood. That's the part I'm waiting for. I was all set with my iPod and No.ok, but DH sat with me and waited. This was all ok until about the last half and hour. I was so damn hungry and he was trying to talk to me. It was the day that all that horrible weather made its way through the NE after ripping through the south. Anyway, I looked at him and said..."Honey, I love you. But please, please just shut up. I really need you to just stop talking."
Yay for a great u/s and your big little girl!
ReplyDeleteGlad the first part of the test went well and, hopefully, the rest will, too.
Yeah, My DH knows not to talk to me when I'm hungry like that. He is a big fan of "find Rebecca something to eat before she gets too cranky."
A big baby girl - wow!!! 3 1/2 pounds already - amazing!!! And I get so cranky when I'm hungry too - glad it's all over!
ReplyDeleteYAY, she's a healthy little (big) girl!!! That's great! And I'm glad you passed the first part of your test and that the Dr said everything was good with her size an it didn't mean GD. =)
ReplyDeleteI get super bitchy when I'm hungry ;). To the point where if I'm in a bad/bitchy mood Fred asks if I've eaten.
What great news!
ReplyDeleteBig girl! Great news! You will probably go early :)
ReplyDeleteI had to fast for a gallbladder scan, and I was throwing up from low blood sugar by the time we got there. The tech took mercy on me and let me have crackers since nothing would process that soon before the test. Fasting for a Pg is evil!!!
LOL!! I love that you had to tell hubby that, I would tell mine the same!! Hoping you passed this time! This girl was measuring ahead the week before last at her 4D, we go to OB for scan on Wed, so I'll see if she still is! I think they're just happy healthy little girls, and we're just blessed to be here and they know it and are growing big and chunky for us to kiss!!! I don't have GD, so I'm voting a no for you too! :)
ReplyDeleteyea for the great ultrasound and a healthy big girl!
ReplyDeleteHope that you passed and I'm sorry the fasting was difficult.