How about a list? :)
1. Every day is certainly a new adventure with Baby A. Yesterday we had our first solo outing and went to see one of my friends. That was our first official trip in the car (just the two of us), beyond going to the bank right down the street.
2. Last week at the doctor she was up to 7lbs 11oz. She's sleeping better and now that we switched formula, she's having a better time with her stomach.
3. Formula? Yes, that's right. I'm pumping and she's getting 2-3 bottles of breastmilk a day. The rest is formula. Perhaps I got too discouraged with bfing early on. Baby A would get so upset and then I would get so upset and I hated the vicious cycle. I was having problems with supply early on, too. This has continued but I realize now that it's because I'm not doing it all the time.
4. Weight? I haven't been on a scale but all my pre-pregnancy clothes fit me. :) I'm not happy with what I weighed before I got pregnant but it's nice that I've lost the weight from the past nine months. I'll tackle the rest at some point.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Ok. The first four things are pretty much blah, blah, blah baby stuff. I have two more things and the first is pretty damn funny.
So yesterday I was changing a messy diaper only to have Baby A projectile poop all over the place. It got all over the basket on the changing table (and everything in it), it got between her toes and ran down the wall in the nursery. I couldn't stop laughing but I also stood there dumbfounded because I had no freaking clue where to even begin. I decided to take a picture and share it with hubs for a good laugh. Unfortunately, I hit the wrong button and posted the damn thing on Twi.tter! Sorry to those of you who saw that!
Also, my blog will be a bit different now that I've had Baby A. Although I won't forget what got me to this place, I'm sure I'll be talking about her here quite a bit. Another thing that's also different is that there won't be any more TTC for Mr SC and me. For those who have been reading for a while, you may remember that last fall we had decided to stop trying before we found out we were pregnant. TTC was too painful and the thought of another loss was just too much. I follow many bloggers who have had their babies and who are now TTC #2. Although we'd love to have more children, Baby A will be it for us. It will be very strange to talk about birth control at my 6 week appointment.
I am so happy for you!! It's wonderful to hear your story - it gives me hope. LOL @ the projectile poo!!! How strange it must to be quitting TTC - but it is definitely understandable.
ReplyDeleteLOL -- I can't believe you tweeted projectile poop!!! I will be laughing about that for a long time!!!
ReplyDeleteI will love to read all about you guys and Baby A as she grows up! :)
I am so happy you have finally brought home your rainbow baby. I get it about not wanting to keep trying for another -- how much heartache can one person stand? I will continue to read your updates, as you have given me hope that my own story may one day end successfully.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Jo
Hysterical! How did I miss that tweet? Lol!
ReplyDeleteWe've been on the receiving end of projectile poo as well. Who knew such a thing existed? Elliot has also peed on the wall--twice. :-0
ReplyDeleteNothing quite like a 7 pound baby to shake things up!
Here from ICLW: Congratulations on your new baby girl! It is reading stories like yours that gives me much hope.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness about the projectile poop! LOL glad you could laugh about it in the moment :D
ReplyDeleteI understand not wanting to TTC again... we've pretty settled there ourselves, no matter what happens with this baby I don't think I can do this again. I might change my mind... but if I do, it won't be for a long time. So I get it, really. It's hard dealing with trying and so many losses :(
Love the updates about baby A though, and so happy for you all :)
So glad I didn't see the projectile poop picture. *grin*
ReplyDeleteBut many congratulations on your little girl. I'm glad to hear you've had your dream come true. It gives home that my dream might be just around the corner.
(ICLW)
Good thing you didn't accidentally post on FB or you might have ended up on STFU Parents!
ReplyDeleteGood for you with the pumping! 2-3 bottles a day might not sound like much, but it all counts. I've actually dried up despite pumping 8 times a day -- after 20-30 minutes, I can only get 1/3 of an ounce -- so John is on all formula now. They'll both be happy, healthy babies, I promise!
ReplyDeleteWe're also pretty sure we're not TTC ever again, as it's just too much heartbreak. But I'm only 25, so we wanted to keep the option open just in case. I'm getting an IUD on Monday so we'll have five years to make the decision. It was so weird to be thinking about birth control again! What are you thinking about doing?
Everything is sounding great! Congrats on getting out of the house, I've heard that's a hard one... And that's wonderful that you're fitting into your pre-pregnancy clothes! Nice work, mama! I certainly understand not wanting to TTC again, especially after everything you've been through. So happy to hear you're focusing on A and moving on!
ReplyDeleteI had a good chuckle about the projectile poop incident:) Sounds like you handled it like a champ.
ReplyDelete(And I think it's wonderful that your blog will be different from this point. Of course it will! And that's a good thing.)
That is hilarious because Cala projectile pooped the other day too and my initial reaction was absolute shock and calling my husband in a panic!! Not that I wanted him to do anything, so we both laughed a lot and then I completed the mission!!! I'm confused about what to do with my infertility blog too, and I'm considering just closing it, or leaving it untouched. Who knows? All I know is that while the losses will never be forgotten, I'm so blessed with this little girl and I just want to celebrate her and focus on the blessing that she is, not the pain of the past!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad A is doing so well and you're enjoying her! I have yet to take Cala anywhere solo, but everyone will be gone and back to work starting tomorrow, so I suspect our first outing together will be happening soon enough! :)
LOL at posting that pic to twitter. What issue was she having and formula was she on/switch too? I'm just wondering since Little man is having some issues as well. Sounds like you are doing great!
ReplyDeleteJust came across your blog, thank you for sharing your story. Feel free to follow my blog as well. Its good to have friends who feel what you are going through.
ReplyDeletebarrenblondie.blogspot.com