My feelings about Mother's Day are similar to how I feel about Valentine's Day. It's a stupid made up holiday that only makes people feel worst about the situation they're in. The only real difference for me is sometimes, men need a bit of a nudge. Valentine's Day sort of pushes a male to be a little more thoughtful or romantic than they usually are. For that, I'm thankful and I enjoy every moment of it.
But Mother's Day? I grew up in a household where I loved and respected my mother. Sure, there were times where I felt like I hated her (but I didn't) and times when I was furious at her, yet I never screamed the words, "I hate you" or anything like that. She was my mother and above all else, I respected her and would never have dreamed of treating her like that. The only thing I really do differently is send my mom a card for Mother's Day. Her "gift" is that we do something together...visit a botanical garden or get pedicures, the activity isn't really important. Just as the physical "gift" isn't that important to her.
Mother's Day for so many is just a reminder of what isn't. So many go through Mother's Day missing their mother who is no longer with them, or they feel empty because this is yet another day where it's rubbed in their face that they don't have a child.
Ugh - those people you encountered make me sad. I completely agree. All I want to do is spend time with my daughter, and I hope that she'll always want to spend time with me too!
ReplyDeleteThat's a wonderful wish.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about both Mother's Day and Valentine's Day. And I think that once you've taken in the view from the other, really difficult side...it's fairly impossible to see Mother's Day as an innocuous day.
ReplyDeleteSo well said, Kelly. (Or written!) xo
ReplyDeleteGood job Kelly!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your recent note on my blog. I appreciate the kind and supportive words! I have added you to my blog list and will be following along.
ReplyDeleteinfertility for easy Conception. (No more adoption, with Dr Itua your problem will solve and you will have your child with ease.I have been blog Sites for a while now and today i felt like i should share my story because i was a victim too. I had endometriosis for 18 years and i never thought i would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms i had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage and it was a serious issue. I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and let her contact details, i contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and i decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this december and i am gratetful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach his on (drituaherbalcenter@gmail. com Or Whatsapp Number..+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues.He's a good man.
ReplyDelete