I'm not sure how things are where you live, but it's been crazy warm here for the last three weeks. I've been wearing non-summery sandals to work (I'm a teacher) and have been enjoying the early blooms, long walks with the pooches and spending time in the sunshine.
Baby A is now nine months old. I cannot believe how quickly time is going! She's been crawling since six months and now officially stands up on her own and is able to let go for a few seconds, too. Two teeth came through about a month ago and one up top is ready to pop. It's tough but I love every minute of being a mommy.
Also, as of tomorrow, Mr SC and I are officially finished with TTC and any thoughts of a future child. Mr SC is having a vasectomy. I keep pausing about how final it is and thinking about how I should be sad. Truth be told, I'm not. We know that somehow we ended up with Alaina and with all that we went through to have her, that she was it. I can't say with certainty that at some point I won't grieve for what could have been ( I still wince when I see pregnant bellied women in public) but now, I'm happy and we're happy with our family of five (Mommy, Daddy, A and our two pooches).
I went through a similar sort of pause when I approached my OB about a tubal ligation with this c-section. It does seem odd to be putting so final a cap on things after the road we've been down. And yet, I feel it's necessary.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're at peace with the decision right now. I can very much understand why you'd be done, especially after everything you've went through.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your little girl is 9 months already! How time flies.
Nine months already! Hi A!
ReplyDeleteIt's been warm around here too.
Glad you are at peace with your decision. It's been a hard trail for you.
Happy 9 months, A!
ReplyDeleteI know this must have been a hard decision to make but it seems like it is the right one for you guys. You are a wonderful family.
wow time does fly, 9 months already!!
ReplyDeletethat must have been a hard decision to come and you're right, at some point you probably will grieve, it might not happen straight away or even for the next few years but i have no doubt that having Alaina in your arms will hopefully soften the pain.
~x~
It was crazy warm here, too. A bit cooler but the sunshine has remained.
ReplyDeleteYour family of five sounds perfect, Kelly. And I can't believe she's nine months old already. Holy moly:)
9 months? Unbelievable! I know it was hard to decide on the vasectomy, but it makes complete sense given your history. You have a perfect family!
ReplyDelete9 months already! I can't believe how quickly our LOs are growing.
ReplyDeleteI can imagine this was a difficult decision for you all, as it's so permanent, but it sounds like it gives you peace and enable you all to enjoy every minute of you family. Hope the surgery isn't bad for the MR!
It's nutty hot here too and makes running that much harder! C will be 9 months on Thurs, why does it have to go so fast?!!?
ReplyDeleteAs for no more trying to have a baby, I can't imagine, but at some points I think it could be easier, to never have to worry about loss again. What a catch 22--huh?!? I'm sorry as I know that there will be times it will be really hard. I still have a hard time with pregnancy announcements and we can try again, it's so weird b/c we don't get to just try normal and I think that that is a loss of its own. Such a strange strange place to be in! Just know I'm sending you love.
Also, everytime I see a picture of your sweet JoePa, I am disgusted at how that school treated him in the end and know you must be too!
She's just so adorable! She has the sweetest smiles.
ReplyDeleteThe TTC battle wages on for us. I envy your peace!