Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What's Up?

I'm falling more and more behind with blogs and so I finally installed Chro.me and now commenting works.  I hope this isn't a new trend with Googl.e vs. IE.  We've battled it in school this year and it drove the kids crazy!

I've also finally joined Twi.tter.  Well, I had an account that I used for school before but now I have a personal one, too.  Two of my close friends apparently chat it up often and I felt so left out :)   It's such an easy and quick way to keep up with people.  I don't know why I was so resistant.

There are a few things going on...I'll start with the non-pg stuff.

1.  Monday was our wedding anniversary.  We didn't take an overnight trip this year (as we did the last two years).  Instead, we went to State Coll.ege for the day.  We love going there and buying Penn St.ate stuff.  I woke up early to sign his card (and wake him up to give it to him).  Stupid ass me picked out a "Happy Birthday" card, rather than an anniversary card.  How in the hell does someone do that??

2. My cousin, who is 21, just became a baby daddy for the 2nd time.  Nice to get lapped by someone who can't hold a job, sleeps with anything that, well, you know...  This baby mama is 22 and already has three kids (two different dads).  So, now she has four kids (three different dads) They are "engaged" but aren't getting married because she'll lose her benefits.  Ugh.

3.  We now have two pools in our yard.  Before you go and think that we're independently wealthy, we aren't.  I'm talking about an above-ground one from Wmart that Mr SC just had to have and a small, plastic kiddie pool for our dogs.  Our Doc.k Dog, Nitta.ny, won't get in the thing and just stands there and barks at it.  Lewie, our other dog, (who is afraid of water) enjoys getting in and splashing around.  Go figure.

4.  I don't live in the Midwest, so I realize that this will sound silly to those of you who do (and who have endured much more serious and deadly ones), but we've had four confirmed tornadoes within thirty miles of where I live this year (one specifically was two miles away and another was ten).  Now, when we have a severe thunderstorm warnings, it seriously freaks me out.  We don't have a basement, so the warnings usually lead us to go next door to MIL's with our two dogs.
_________________________________________________________________________________
pg stuff...

1.  The GD is still being managed solely by diet and I've been able to "relax" a bit what I eat and still get readings within normal range.  It's been helpful, too, that Mr SC is eating the same as I am.  He's lost ten pounds, too!

2.  I'm slowly trying to get things ready for the baby.  I get started and then often get sick to my stomach, for fear that this is all going to be for nothing.

3.  Sunday starts our three shots a day of Hep.arin, rather than Lovenox.

And finally...
4.  I'm 35 1/2 weeks pregnant now, which still seems very surreal.   The "big" news from my last OB appt (last Thursday) is that I definitely won't be going past my due date (because of my injections) and the doctor seemed to think that they would have me "go" at 39 weeks.  Yikes!   Baby A's growth is now falling within normal range and I'm thinking that means an induction.

So, that's what's new here.

18 comments:

  1. omg, I can't believe you're 35.5wks! And the possibility of induction is so close! Wow. I am so happy for you!

    I hear you on the thunderstorms. That has to be scary.

    Happy belated wedding anniversary, how funny about buying the birthday card instead! lol Well, it was memorable at least right?

    We used to keep a kiddy pool in our yard for our dogs, so I get that :) Mine stopped using it as they got older, but they used to love just laying in it and playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Funny about the card - I blame pregnancy. Last night I put some money in an envelope, and promptly threw the envelope away! I tore the house up looking for it, and then the hubs found it in the trash... I blamed pregnancy. And that's funny about the dogs and the pool. We have a kiddy pool in our backyard for the dogs, but they refuse to get in it, and instead use it as a waterbowl. Actually works pretty well!

    35.5 weeks - unbelievable! That's very exciting about induction at 39 weeks - I think my doc plans on doing the same thing, because of the Lovenox injections. But he plans on keeping me on Lovenox, and then just stopping them about 24 hours prior to induction. I'm a little concerned about going into labor earlier than that, but whatever happens, I guess (hope) it will be fine. So glad to hear the GD is under control, and baby's growth is looking good. You're almost there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are almost "term"! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. :-)

    I almost accidentally bought my father a birthday card instead of a Father's Day card, and I couldn't even use pregnancy as an excuse. (Though I was on a lot of hormones at the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear from you! It's crazy that you're baby's almost here!

    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 35.5 weeks! How amazing is that? I'm so happy for you. Baby will be here before you know it. It made me laugh to read that your dog just barks at the pool...too funny. Great job taking care of your GD on your own...I'm sure it hasn't been easy. Thanks for the update and I look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG YOU'RE SO CLOSE!!!! SQUEEEE!!!! :)

    LMAO at the card. Happy belated anniversary! Being absent-minded sucks. I was talking to my boss about an issue as if it were a new issue. He said "um, yeah, you sent me an email about that." I did?? Shit, man.

    You ROCK, girlie - managing the GD with diet alone! Only a few more weeks, and then your precious one will be here. I have faith in that, and say lots of prayers for you. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe baby will be here soon! Holy moly! So exciting! Hey, I am Attilathehippie on Twitter if you want to find me :-)

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good update! We love buying LSU things as much as you love buying Penn State things! I just ordered the cutest dress ever for Cala that I'll have to send you a pic of once I get it, but the girl making it said they can wear it from months old up to like 6 years b/c it transitions to a shirt--obviously if she doesn't wear it out before then!! But this one is LSU and she could probably do you something Penn State too! I'll keep you posted!

    So proud of you for managing the GD so well with just diet and for Mr. SC joining you in the diet! That's awesome! Can't believe your girl will be here so soon and so will mine!--really unbelievable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary!! And, happy 35.5 weeks!! Holy cow!!! That is truly BEYOND exciting. And, wonderful about dealing with the GD with diet only!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did, quite literally, laugh out loud when I read you'd gotten a birthday card rather than an anniversary card! :-) 35 1/2 weeks - and you'll probably be induced at 39?!?! WOW!!!! You're so unbelieveably close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly, you're almost there! I can't believe it! You totally deserve this happiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy to see you blog again. I'm so happy you had a great anniversary. I'm so happy you joined Twitter. But mostly, I'm just happy that you are at 35.5 weeks. This is huge! You are almost to the finish line - and that puts one hell of a smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like it's mostly pretty good news to me (except for the tornadoes & baby mamas)! I'm @MyLazyOvaries on Twitter if you want to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your anniversary!! Only 4 weeks to go.....WOOT!! I can't believe it's that close already!! Soooooo happy for you!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great to hear that you're so close - motherhood will be just round the corner and be here before you know it, enjoy every minute of it.

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Almost 36 weeks! I know 37 weeks is full-term, but I somehow felt like 36 was a big milestone. Even if being induced isn't ideal, it's nice to have a concrete end date to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe it's almost time for baby A's arrival. Good job on controlling your GD, I hear it's hard to do. So happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so very nearly there, Kelly. I can imagine that it's still scary. Hard to trust even. (I don't think I fully understood how it's possible to feel this way after the first tri, but boy do I understand it now).

    But things are looking beautiful. And it is just a matter of a few weeks before you hold your beautiful, healthy baby in your arms.

    ReplyDelete