(pg post)
Everything! This little girl is going nuts. I started to feel her move almost two weeks ago and I feel her every day, fairly often now (standing up, sitting down, etc). Two nights ago when I was in bed with ice on my belly (for my shot), I could really feel her (it made me jump). Mr SC pinched my stomach to give me my shot and our little girl kicked his thumb!
I'm seeing my therapist a bit more regularly, which has helped with my anxiety. It's also been reassuring to feel her move daily. I'm slowly starting to try and let the fear go and enjoy the pregnancy.
Now that wrestling season is over (Mr SC coaches), we've gradually started to work on things in the house. I've also started keeping my eye out for deals for things for the nursery. We bought bedding and used a coupon yesterday (that expires today) to buy a carseat. All things are staying in the boxes though for quite some time and, of course, I'm saving the receipts.
Today marks 21 weeks (which starts month six, according to my doctor). Our follow-up scan this last week also went very well and confirmed again, that our little one is a she. We have two names picked and we'll decide after she's born. We are going to use Grace for her middle name. Grace is my grandmother's middle name who I didn't see from the age of four until I was 27. I thankfully got to spend a great deal of time with her before she passed away. One of the names for her first name I also found out was that same grandmother's mother's name. I think that's what we will end up naming our little girl.
Thanks for all of your support. I don't post much right now because I don't want to post about the anxiety. I sort of feel that gives it too much power. I've been reading and commenting though.
great to hear everything is going well and your little miss is being active!
ReplyDelete~x~
Yay! I can't believe you're over halfway there already. So happy to hear that things are going well for you and the baby.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that things are going so well!!!
ReplyDeleteI can not believe you are already 21wks! So glad things are going well :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post :) I'm glad she's doing well in there. And I'm glad the anxiety is letting up - mine is too. It feels good doesn't it? :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to hear that she's been kicking so much!! And, love the talk of names and things for her! So wonderful!
ReplyDeleteYou sound strong. So happy that you and your little girl are well. I am glad that you are not giving in to anxiety, but just letting it pass through and not holding on to it.
ReplyDeleteSo glad everything is going so well and that you can feel her so strongly. I can't wait until my hubby can feel it. right now it's just me.
ReplyDeletethose first kicks are precious, my fingers and toes are crossed for an easy pregnancy from here in. take care.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! I can't believe you are so far along...congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that things are going well for you, Kelly. You truly deserve it. <3
ReplyDeleteLove the good reports! Our little girl is a wiggler too!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things are going well and that she's kicking so much! I hope that helps reassure you a lot. =)
ReplyDeleteSo happy things are going well and her kicks are helping to reassure you!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing that she's kicking up a storm, and that it helps with your anxiety. And yay for baby shopping! So excited to hear you're at 21 weeks!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're doing so well. It's so exciting to start getting things together for the baby - it makes it seem so much more real!
ReplyDeleteI think the anxiety is a very real part of the experience for us IFers, sadly. Even now that Davie is here, I still worry! I hope it gets better in time, but it was there for me even when I held her in my arms and she was safely here.
Kick Away little girl!!! Oh those were the days...love all the kicks def lets you know her presence:)
ReplyDeleteI am so so happy things are moving along as they should...def right on track...Yippeee!!!
How sweet! Like a makeshift hug for daddy! :D
ReplyDeleteDe-lurking here.... just to encourage you to R-E-L-A-X.... and enjoy this special time. Everything is going to be F.I.N.E....:)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear you're starting to be able to enjoy this pregnancy. The kicks really are reassuring--though you're still in the stage where you might go a while without feeling any and get freaked out (try not to do that!). I'm also thrilled to hear the scan went well. You're half way there!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad she's kicking you - letting you know she's excited to see you and the world! But, I understand all the anxiety....I'm praying for you.
ReplyDeleteOh - and my daughter's middle name is Grace too :) She was named after my great-grandmother.
I understand what you mean about the anxiety, and not wanting to give it any more power. I'm glad you see your therapist often. It helps so much to talk things out.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad your bubs is making her presence felt on a daily basis. Grace is a beautiful name.
21 weeks??!!!! Wonderful, Kelly!
ReplyDeleteI love the name Grace, so sweet... and it's really nice to a have when I'm praying.
Sweet little baby, kick away!
love,
ebe
yay for lots of movement and 21 weeks!!
ReplyDeleteLove the name grace :-)
Yay! for an active, bouncy Baby Girl! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're almost there! Congratulations on your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteWell, feeling the baby move is a great sensation. Talk to her and see what she responds to.
ReplyDeleteYour anxiety is well-understood.
I pray for things to continue going well for you.
Take Care.