TWELVE WEEKS!!! How are you?
Yep. Twelve weeks pregnant. I still can't believe it. I'm still feeling pretty good. My queasiness returned yesterday. I'm still taking two hour naps daily (after sleeping 8-9 hours at night), I need to do something about my bras which are now all tight and I started wearing maternity pants last week. A little early, but I didn't want to mess with the band.
I'm also starting to think that people have to be looking at me and asking the question...is she just gaining weight or is she pregnant? I just feel like it's so obvious. My stomach just looks, well, fuller. And no, I'm not posting belly pics (at least not yet). I've never had a flat stomach (even when I was a size 2) and starting out as I did, well, I want to give it a bit more time until my bump is evident.
My RE (before she released me) said I could stop my progesterone at 12 weeks, which is today. She said I could stop it sooner but knew it would make me feel better to continue. I'm having major issues with stopping it. I only have eight days left before I need a refill...should I just go every other day until I run out? That will be another almost two weeks.
On Monday, 1/17, we have our NT scan. I'm freaking out a bit about it but I know that's natural. I just hope that all is still going well in there!
Every night when I go to bed and every morning when I wake up, I say thank you. Thank you to whatever made this all possible.
This is one of my favorite Scriptures that makes me think of you & your sweet baby:
ReplyDeleteFor you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139
I'm SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Woohoo! I was in maternity pants early, too, because of bloating and early weight gain. They are comfy! Comgrats on 12 weeks, and the NT scan is going to be FABULOUS, just wait and see!
ReplyDeleteSuch exciting news--congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteI was scared to stop the progesterone, too (my RE had me stop at 10 weeks), and still at 25 weeks I fear I'll see blood when I wipe. Do what's best for you, but whether you stop today or when your supply runs out, it will likely continue to be scarey.
I was also scared to stop progesterone with my first pregnancy, it was just so reassuring and became such a part of our routine it was strange to stop it. We had a few days extra left too and if I remember right we just finished it off and then stopped. Congratulations on 12wks and looking forward to hearing how well the NT scan goes!
ReplyDeleteYayayay on 12 weeks! Sending all the positives in the world for your NT scan!
ReplyDeleteYEAY!! 12 weeks is great.
ReplyDelete::screams in excitement::
ReplyDeleteI got nothing else to say :)
::jumps up and down::
YAY, so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteKelly! YAY! 12 weeks honey, its awesome.
ReplyDeleteHi Kelly... First comment for me... I read your blog from the beginning the other day and I just wanted to say that I'm so very happy for you! I will be reading and cheering you on!
ReplyDeleteSuch good news!! I put on maternity pants at like 7 weeks, then all the weight from the meds fell off (or yucked up, whichever) and now I am still wearing regular jeans :( and I'm with you, no bump pics until the bump is really evident as I'm not flat bellied either!
ReplyDeleteSo happy that things are going so well for you! I was worried about getting off of the progesterone too, but I just did and everything has been great so far. My OB says you can keep taking it for your own peace of mind, but that you placenta is producing it all now, so there's no need, that made me feel better! Continuing to pray for you and your sweet baby!!!
(Does it seem real to you yet? Because it doesn't to me and I'm wondering when it might??)
12 weeks! congrats! That is so awesome. I have a feeling I will be the same way with the progesterone. It seems like I'm the only one not doing the nt scan.
ReplyDeleteWe only decided to do the NT scan because we thought we would feel better knowing as much as we could about what's going on. We also thought that (even though I'm nervous about it) it would give us peace of mind, if that makes sense.
ReplyDeleteOh...and Deni. Nope. Doesn't seem real yet at all. I keep feeling like I'm going to wake up.
ReplyDeleteYay, one sigh of relief from me headed your way!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should stay on the progesterone till the NT scan, if it will give you peace of mind. Then after the NT scan confirms a healthy pregnancy, there's really nothing the progesterone can do to improve things, nor can stopping it mess things up. I'm pretty sure by 12 weeks the placenta, and not your body, is producing 100% of the progesterone the baby needs. So the extra progesterone really isn't doing anything, if that makes you more comfortable with the idea.
ReplyDeleteI love to come back here to read about your progress. And to send you lot's of love!:)
ReplyDeleteYay for 12 weeks! I was scared to stop the progestrone too. My RE said take it the whole first trimester, my OB said I could stop after 10 weeks, Dr Google was mixed so since I had it I just went through the 1st trimester and quit. It's a scary feeling.
ReplyDeleteThis is an amazing milestone! Still praying for you every step of the way.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that things are still going well for you! I would keep going every other day to stretch it out and sort of wean yourself off it. That's what I would do anyway :)
ReplyDeleteYippeeeee!!!! I am THRILLED for you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNo advice about the progesterone, but yay for almost being 12wks! That is great, may things continue going well!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I can't tell you how much hope your story has given me! I feel so fortunate to read it! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment. I know I feel like the research is so little and conflicting. I will just try everything! :)
Congrats on 12 weeks!!!! Amazing!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! :D
ReplyDeleteYay for 12 weeks!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 12 weeks!!!!! What a great milestone :)
ReplyDeleteIt's funny what you say about people noticing if you're pregnant even without a belly - I had several people at work tell me further into my pregnancy that they just knew I was before I ever told anyone. They said I just looked and acted different. Crazy!
Good luck on the NT scan - are you doing the blood tests too? Just be aware that there are A LOT of false positives that come out of those tests (which is why we didn't do them) so don't freak out if anything comes back abnormal. 90% of the time it's for nothing (seriously!) !
Twelve weeks looks awfully nice on you, Kelly. I'm so glad (and crossing everything for your NT scan).
ReplyDeleteGood for you 12wks your almost out of the first trimester:) I have been on my progesteron the entire time...Not the shots of course but oral...they have tried taking me off several times but each time it drops below a normal range so they have just decided to keep me on it...and man has it done a number on my skin:( Anyways good luck today at your appt...I will be thinking of you:)
ReplyDeleteAwesome, awesome, awesome!! Congrats on hitting quite a milestone. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I took my progesterone till I ran out, the idea of stopping made me nervous and so I just kept taking it.
So beautiful and sweet. Congrats on 12 weeks! I understand stopping the prog. is hard to do!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck with your NT scan.
That transition period with the belly bump is so awkward--and it lasts for a very long time, at least with a first pregnancy. I was always torn between wearing something that showed off my tiny bump and risking having people think I'd eaten too many donuts, or hiding it with baggier clothes. But it sounds like everything is going GREAT with your pregnancy, and a huge congrats on making it to the 12-week mark! I'm sure the nausea will subside in the next week or two.
ReplyDeletesuper congrats on 12 weeks!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! :) Wishing you nothing but the best of luck with your NT scan!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 12 weeks! We felt the same about the NT scan. It gave us some peace of mind. Good luck with yours!!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo for 12 weeks!
ReplyDeleteI had a really hard time letting go of the progesterone, too! I called it my 'baby glue.' I ended up doing the same thing - I stretched out what I had left by using it every other day. So good so far! And why let it go to waste, right?
Yay for 12 weeks!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! For 12 weeks!!
ReplyDeleteHOORAY for 12 weeks! AWESOME :-) It takes so long for it to feel real. Most of the time it still doesn't for me.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on 12 weeks! This is so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteTwelve weeks! I think I see the sun peeking out!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Kelly!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!
ReplyDelete:-)