So, what's been going on these days?
Baby A is 8 1/2 weeks old. She's turning more and more into an infant and not a newborn. She's incredibly strong physically and extremely strong-willed mentally. We have a running debate if she's stubborn like her daddy or mommy. :) She's smiling regularly and making tons of sounds, too.
We've had two overnights! She spent the night with us at Grammy and Pop-Pop's (my parents) and also overnight at camp. Both trips went very well!
She's sleeping longer. The last four nights she's slept at least seven hours straight!
Mr SC has been home with us for a month now. He hurt his elbow at work before the baby was born and reaggravated it when he returned. I hate that he's in pain but him being home couldn't have happened at a better time. We take turns being "on duty" with her and it's really been working out well.
The last few days, we've been able to put her down when she's napping. Before that, you pretty much had to hold her all the time or she screamed. I love holding my daughter more than anything, but it's tough to have to hold her 24 hours a day. She loves her swing now, too.
A friend of the family is going to watch her when I return to work in December. She watches children from time to time for friends and Baby A will be the only one with her. She lives about two minutes from our house and it's about 10 minutes from work for both of us. There is no way financially that we can afford for me to stay home longer but I know when the time comes, knowing Baby A will be with her will make it a little easier.
For those of you who are still reading, I thought I'd leave you with some of my favorite pics. :)
Oh, she's just so precious! I love her fuzzy little head. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm totally with you on the "must be held constantly" thing. It's lovely and we've waited a long time for it. But there are other things that need to be done too! Babywearing saved my sanity. I hope your eventual return to work will be smooth, too.
She's so beautiful! We went through the holding phase & it was hard, but eventually the swing & other things helped. Aren't you amazed at how quickly they change???
ReplyDeleteShe looks so great! I am glad your friend will be looking after her when you finally go to work.
ReplyDeleteShe looks like Mr. SC. I hope his elbow will get better soon.
What a cutie! Glad to hear the overnights went well, along with everything else.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful little girl! I'm so glad things are going well and you are enjoying your time home with her.
ReplyDeleteOh she's adorable! Love the pics! That's amazing that the Mr has been able to be home with you two - what amazing timing...
ReplyDeleteShe's absolutely lovely! I love the sunglasses!
ReplyDeleteShe is so beautiful, Kelly. I am happy that you get to take off so much time from work to be with her. Enjoy it! :)
ReplyDeleteSo adorable!! Happy not back to school day!! :) So wonderful that you're both able to be with her during the day right now, too.
ReplyDeleteShe is so gorgeous! I'm glad you're taking time off work and can spend it with her.
ReplyDeleteShe's absolutely beautiful! I love the sunglasses! I'm glad you have figured out a child care solution. I'm sure it puts your mind at ease. It's awesome that you don't have to go back to work until December! Great update...keep them coming along with pictures of course.
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful...love seeing the pictures!!! It does make it easier to know baby will be in good hands when you return to work! Enjoy your time together!
ReplyDeleteLove this post for so many reasons!:) it sounds you guys are doing very well settling into your new life as a family of three. I am so glad your hubby could stay and spend precious bonding time with you two!
ReplyDeleteYay! for finding a great solution for baby care. It must feel reassuring to have a nice plan.
Enjoy every moment. She is amazing! She is gorgeous!:)
Super cute!!! Glad you are all enjoying your precious time together!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS SHE IS SO CUTE!!! Thanks for sharing pics! So glad you have someone you know and trust to keep her when you do have to go back!
ReplyDeleteAw, she's gorgeous:) Very sweet, Kelly. And the childcare situation sounds very good. It'll be hard - I can believe it - but it makes a big difference having someone you trust be the one.
ReplyDeleteuterus.achingly.cute.
ReplyDeletexxx
She's so precious, Kelly. I love seeing her pictures.
ReplyDelete